dry bathing (cornstarch)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceeteh07

Reaction score
my two bunnies have green feet already.. they are so messy with what they step on..

and I am considering the bathing of cornstarch... help me though... Ionly got the johnson's baby powder cornstarch powder... well it says99%.. is it safe for them?

I use regular cornstarch available in anygrocery store.sometimes i put some vinegar on the fur first then addthe cornstarch and brush.I wouldnt use the kind for babies as i dontknow what additives are in it, its not meant too be ingested.bluebird

bluebird wrote:
Iuse regular cornstarch available in any grocery store.sometimes i putsome vinegar on the fur first then add the cornstarch and brush.Iwouldnt use the kind for babies as i dont know what additives are init, its not meant too be ingested.bluebird
I use the cornstarch intended for cooking purposes, too.

Mix white vinegar and water 50/50.
Add cornstarch to make a paste.
Apply to coat allow to dry.
Brush off. And old toothbrush works well for brushing.

~Jim

will it be bad for my buns' health if they are cleaning themselves and i haven't taken off all of the cornstarch in their fur?

also, will their smell be gone if I dry bath them with cornstarch? Iclean their cage every 2 days, but I still don't like it that theydon't smell good... I know it's impossible for them to naturally get afragant smell... but I want, at least, for them to be no smelly.

thank you for the replies :D

haven't started it yet though hehe...

Latest posts

Back