Dreams about Rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Bunny Drake

Reaction score
I know this is kind of about rabbits but....
I keep having dreams that my rabbit dies, or runs away, or gets hurt. Any idea of what this means, or why its happening? Just today, I had a dream that two pit bulls sneaked into my rabbits play pen while his door was wide open. Drake turned white, and he had another white and black rabbit next to him. I was able to bring him inside, but the other rabbit ran away. I've had dreams that this kid kept on letting him escape, and tried hurting him.

This is something that our brains and minds naturally do. It shows love as it usually leaves you distraught and fearful and it wouldn't happen if you didn't love him. Any parent (to anything) can have these dreams and thoughts. In a sense, it could also be a form of anxiety. Losing Drake is probably one of your biggest fears.

I experience anxiety and probably PTSD to an extent since becoming a pet parent 3 years ago. I've had thoughts of coming home to seeing my pets laying brutally dead because something got to them. Almost a year ago, I had this happen and I haven't really been the same since. I have struggled with suicidal thoughts, depression, anxiety, and PTSD since that. I had a hamster before Bugs and I developed some OCD like behaviors with my her. I was so terrified of something happening to her that I would open and close the lock on her cage 20-100 times and then press down on the lock another 20-100 times before going to bed or leaving the house. After my hamster passed, her cage stayed in my bedroom for another 3 months just so I could continue my routine. Bugs was free roam when he first came home so I couldn't do my routine.

My point is that it's normal to some extent, but never, and I mean ever, let those dreams turn into something more serious.

That's just normal bunny parent thinking, which manifests in your dreams. For example my little brother dreamt he didn't spend enough time with my outdoor bunnies, so he dreamt about it and felt bad. Becuase it's the truth he dosen't spend that much time with them, he might only see them 1 time during the week but they are mine rabbits and he will help sometime when I trouble with money for example vet costs.

Myself also have fears that I will one day, walk out to the outdoor cage and see my bunnies missing, specially when I have foxes in the area and dogs running around. But you shouldn't let your dreams take over your life. It will only create more worry and stress for you as a person.

Every day I feel like drake is sick. Oh he’s licking himself (yes I realize rabbits groom themselves) , or , oh his fur is changing colors. I get really stressed about this stuff even though deep down I know it’s nothing. How do I stop this?

Latest posts

Back