Dope's nads!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selbert

Reaction score
Well I dropped Dope, my 6 month mini-lop buck, off at the vets for the snip! I was just wondering what behaviour to expect and if there's anything I can do (short of some apple and a few treats) to make him feel a bit better when I pick him up later.

Also I found out today that boys can remain fertile for up to 6 weeks after castration! I thought it was 2!

Yep my vet also told me it could take up to 6 weeks. To make him more comfortable make sure he cant do any jumping I am sure your vet told you that. I kept mine confined in a ex pen for 2 and half days. I would make sure all his food and water and litterbox is close by. I had my bunnies favorites like banana and romaine lettuce on hand. My boy ate pretty well for me so that wasn't a worry. I also wetted the lettuce so he got extra fluids. Give him something comfy to lay on. That's really about it and let him rest of course. Hopefully they give you pain medicine. If he is in pain he may not eat or drink. Mine was back to his normal self in 2 days. Hope all goes well with your boy. =)

Thank you for this advice it's extremely helpful. He seems very down bless him, I've given him a box (with one side cut out) with blankets in it, plenty of hay and lettuce, cabbage and later I'll give him a slice of apple (he doesn't seem bothered about eating just yet). The vet hasn't given me any painkillers but has told me that he was given them earlier. He just seems to be sat in his litter looking very sad, but it's all for the better! Again, thanks for the advice :D

I didn't get a chance to reply yesterday how is he doing today? Good I hope. Sounds like you are taking great care of him. :)

He's back to his right old self, eating isn't great but he's been bouncing around the room this morning :)

Latest posts

Back