Dope and Dog's adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chrisdoc it's a game I'm determined to win! I'm on the hunt for something that will hold their bowls to try and stop the munchkins!

Aubrisita I am so sorry to hear about your loss! It's like losing a family member :( Condolences.

January has been a busy busy month!

My partner (Patrick) was offered a job in Singapore building a new station so we spent a long weekend with his family and he flew yesterday. It was a very sad and emotional day, even the buns seemed a little sad. Though they were just cheeky munchkins when we were away, we couldn't take the buns with us as Patrick's parents have a young dog and an old cat that would be a serious threat to them. (Cookie the dog would just want to play, but her play would be the buns death!)

So a friend moved in for the weekend and looked after them. Boy were they naughty! I say "they" I really mean, Dog. So as soon as I left she decided she was the queen bee now and pooped absolutely EVERYWHERE! Then she peed on my bed! This behaviour is unheard of, she knows that the bed is off limits! She then continued to be a destructive little teenager doing as she pleased! (also humping Dope's head AGAIN, I thought she was over that!)

I told my friend to keep Dog in the cage and separate Dope, he shouldn't be punished because I knew that he wouldn't have done any of this. He's more of a destruction through eating sort of guy. This had Dog written a llll over it!
On my return, her behaviour was back to normal and she knew she'd done wrong too! She spent the day sulking, unhappy to have lost her top place in the hierarchy I suppose!

Well I can't tolerate this behaviour anymore, so I booked Dog in for the vet immediately and she went in this morning. So hopefully, fingers crossed, everything will go swimmingly and we will have two binkying bunnies in no time!

I felt bad for leaving them for a holiday AND a weekend so I treated them/spoilt them rotten! A new extra large chew tunnel, some new toys, lots of card board boxes to start making a castle, treats, chewy things and lots of green beans and kale! We have some VERY happy bunnies!

More pictures on the way! Though my favourite has to be, so far, the one of dope completely passed out! He such a cute sleeper!

Bunny love!

:brownbunny

So I took dog to the vets on Monday for de-sexing, I was a little nervous after I dropped her off when I realised that it's a much bigger operation than a castration. It didn't help that when I rung up to ask what time to pick her up, and the nurse kept of referring to her as a HE. I was thinking, "Woah I bet the vet thought this was the easiest castration EVER!" haha.

All worries aside, everything went perfectly well with the procedure. After, however, the vet informed me that she hadn't been eating pellets or hay. They had in fact been syringe feeding her and gave me the rest of the packet and a new syringe to use if she wasn't eating later. This panicked me so much as Dog has never had any problems like this and before, when she was put under but then they couldn't perform the operation, she was fine and eating well.
All worries ceased when I got home and she went straight for her food bowl and then spent a good 15 minutes downing half of her water bottle! PHEW!
She has made a perfect recovery, the wound is healing nicely and she doesn't even seem to notice it's there.

I think the happiest out of this situation has to be Dope, oh he sure missed her when she was away! I spent the entire day with him, we had so many cuddles and naps! But every now and then he would get up, and look in all of Dogs favourite hide out places, just in case she had been hiding. It was adorable!
Now they are such a pair, always plotting, always up to mischief! Playing pranks on the cat too now, they love hiding his food bowl hehe naughties! Luckily we have the laziest cat in the world and just sort of looks at you confused until it's returned (and topped up with more food).

I thought I would treat the buns, after being away so much and then the trips to the vets, they deserved it! So I made a bunny city for them! I'm sure people have seen kitty city (if not I recommend a youtube of it!) so I thought we could do better, cheaper and more edible than that! I went to Tescos and asked for the cardboard boxes they normally throw out, wahoo I got so many! That with a few edible tunnels (only £4 for the extra large ones wow that's cheap!) and a few shelves, plastic boxes (can't eat it all!) hey presto! We have our selves a lot of fun! Sure it takes up a lot of space, but I don't need it, especially since Patrick (my partner) has just moved to Singapore. Plus they have been binkying all over the place! Worth the added effort to get to my drawers hehe.

So happy to say that Dog has completely stopped pooping in her favourite places, so she is much less territorial now. Though I'm still searching/making something to hold down their food bowls as they BOTH love making a mess with their food!

We also have a new favourite treat! Banana chips! Not quite as grunt invoking as craisins but they sure love to chomp them up! Every time I run out of a bag of treats, I go to the dried fruit section and do a lucky dip! So far, they've loved everything!

I don't know if people are into Snapchat, but I'm addicted to sending long stories filled with bunny rabbits! I'm sure my friends will tire soon, but I just love showing everyone how adorable and cheeky they are!

Here's some more pictures of the munchkins!

Quick play dead! When sheez gone we can eats her shooz!

Part of the bunny city we made! Lots of edible tunnels and hide-outs!

Still finding something to hold their bowls down!

Hope everyone and everybun is well and enjoying the Chinese New Year! Year of the horse!

Great to hear Dog has recovered so quickly. So many cute photos, great flops lol. I bought the bowl I have from Wilkos, it's a double one and really heavy, by Naturals. You could try that.

Oh my gosh Dope is the funniest when he flops! I feel like checking his pulse! That's so funny that you post that Chrisdoc, I have literally just bought that exact bowl today! You've got a dashing model there, what a cutie!

What a coincidence, I'd tried quite a few with Houdini and this is the first one he can't move yet lol. Not often he poses, he's always on the move :)

Oh I know what you mean, taking pictures of Dog is near to impossible at times. My family describe her as, "a bunny on crack" haha she's crazy! So glad to hear that, it's a nightmare spending so much time picking up pellets. I swear they do a poop in the middle of the pile of pellets on purpose because they're so good with the litter now, such munchkins enjoying watching me pick up their poop!

Don't you hate it when you right everything out and for some reason the page decides to refresh? Grr!

So yesterday I had a very LONG day at work, yes on a Sunday! So for the first time the buns were left to themselves, boy do I regret not having my lunch at home or not asking someone to look after them for a few hours, but I didn't expect to be out the whole day!

This one has Dope's name all over it: I stupidly, accidentally, left their 15lb bag of litter out. The bag was made out of paper *face palm* so naturally the little critter ate the entire bottom of the bag! Furthermore, the bag was by the bed so (I assume by now they worked as a pair) they then decided to spread the litter allllll under the bed!

This one had Dog's name all over it: clever little thing managed to push one of the boxes from bunny city next to my desk, jumped onto the box and then onto the desk! Then decided to do a little spring cleaning on my desk and threw everything off! Including a whole tub of cotton buds! Thankfully they weren't interested in eating them! They were, however, interested in demolishing the last of the house plants (I only buy plants that I know a safe for rabbits to eat because you just KNOW they will somehow get to it). The desk is the only part of the room that wasn't "bunny proofed" so now bunny city is half the size it was to prevent more desk activities and the desk is pretty much bare now, apart from a few picture frames which I plan on nailing up soon!

So I came home to quite a mess and those faces looking up at me that we all know too well the, "Me? Oh no, I wouldn't dream of doing anything like this! Look how cute and fluffy I am!" so I just can't get mad at those two little munchkins!
I don't see this as their fault at all either, I see it as my fault. I definitely should have nipped home or asked someone to check in on them. Hopefully I won't have to be away for such a long time in the future!

To make up for my naughtiness, I'm taking them out on a super long and special walk where I have planted a pot of coriander for them to snack on! They love this because they get to eat and then dig where I planted!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

Oh you learnt the hard way like most of us. Glad there wasn't any serious damage. If I leave the litter out when I'm cleaning, Houdini usually starts to nibble it and it ends up all over the floor. I've learnt never to leave boxes next to anything that leads to something they may feel like exploring. I once put their carrier inside the enclosure next to the wall. Bandy managed to jump up on the shelf betweenthe living room and kitchen and I managed to rescue him as the fall would have been over 4ft. He scared me to death lol. Lesson learned, never trust a sneaky bun :p

Never EVER trust those little fury faces! I was shocked because I left the box in the corner of the room and they managed to drag it to the other side! Lesson certainly learnt, boxes with that height will only go in the cage! That would have scared me to death too! Good job you caught him!

Started to notice Dope shaking his head and scratching his ears, not often just every now and then, going to keep on top of this in case it's an infection. I checked his ears and they look fine, incredibly soft hehe. I also noticed him sneeze a few times yesterday, again not enough to cause concern. Preparing for a vet trip though.
Dog is fine, no discomfort or sneezing.

Nothing else to add really, normal naughty bunnies. They insisted on getting me up before 8am today, they know the drill! Then Dog refused to let Dope sleep, every time he flopped she would head butt him haha! She's such a munchkin!

All the best,
Selina

Well it's been a while so I thought I'd post again.

Can't really say much has happened but I've got some good pictures to post! We've had a bit of a change around in bunny city, I'm starting to mix it up once a week and the buns have loved having new places to explore!

However, due to Dog being SUCH a naughty bun they are no longer free-roam bunny rabbits which makes me rather sad. I just can't leave them on their own though, every time I leave she pees on something. It's very strange behaviour because it's always in a different place, so nothing territorial. Anyway I've stuck to vinegar for cleaning and supervised free time, which isn't so bad I suppose I'm out of the house for a very short time so they're seldom locked up for long! Plus their cage is rather roomy so I don't feel so bad.

Now the weather is picking up in England we've had some lovely sunny days! I have these huge victorian windows and love the fresh air so I used an unused bit of their cage to put against the window so I can have it open for the rabbits and there is no harm of them hopping out or a predator climbing in! They've loved the sunshine, they've been sunbathing in it! I also put a shelf by the window for Dog because she loves sitting up high and looking out the window it's so cute!

Dope has been malting like crazy! Every day is spent hoovering up the tho layer of his fur that is EVERYWHERE. Not too great for my allergies, but nothing I can't medicate haha!

They've been getting quieter in the evenings and mornings, I'm rather scared: they must be plotting!

Banana time!

This has to be my favourite of Dope so far!

My friends on Facebook have come up with some smashing captions for this one!

Close rabbitanemo bay! Was a good one haha!

Well I think that about sums up what's happened in bunny city lately! Hope everyone's enjoying the last of winter! Daffodils are coming through which means spring is here! There's a roundabout (huuuge one) where my parents live and every year it is littered with baby rabbits! I can't wait! It's really interesting because it's turned into a bit of a tradition for everyone to bring veggies for them!

All the best and much bunny love!

Selina

THey are just so cute. I love the pics where they´re lying together, I just love a relaxed bunny tail, they always look so much bigger that when they´re racing about. They both have such cutey faces and lovely colouring. You use the same boxes as me, I don´t just shop at Amazon for their good buys, their boxes are great as well.

Looked through loads of your pics, you have some really good ones. I love the bunny butt leaving the box, great tail.

Where are you in the UK, I´ve just posted that it´s National Hug a bunny day over there so don´t forget to spoil them and lots of cuddles lol.

They are such cuties! I think Amazon makes a fortune out of bunny owners after those boxes! They're perfect! I've started buying hay and other supplies now just to get the super big boxes to add to bunny city! Soon it will be too big for the room haha!

I absolutely love Dog's markings, they're identical to my old family cats, who passed away a long time ago. It was the reason she caught my eye, just had to save her! And Dope's fluffy white belly!

I live in Sheffield, England I missed hug a bunny day! Though I am almost certain I gave them lots of cuddles and they're spoilt rotten haha :p

I love your avatar with the flowers, your buns look beautiful against them! Do you have three angels? I've been thinking about adopting a third and I'm curious as to how much more work it is, how hard it is to bond three and whatnot.

All my best,

Selina

I live in Spain but buy their food on Amazon as it still works out cheaper for the good quality pellets and I also end up buying other bits and pieces as I have to pay the postage anyway. Mine love the excel food cubes, Houdini spends a fair well throwing it all over the place while he eats it.

You have two really lovely buns. I am originally from Leeds, how small is this world.

I have three completely different personalities but sometimes they´re angels and sometimes they´re real little devils but they´re my little devils lol.

The two smaller buns I had from the beginning and have had a few issues with their bond over the time I´ve had them. I´ve been back to the UK a few times and a friend looks after them but they don´t get free range and every time I get back, they have to make up for time lost and do it by scuffling and nipping which lasts about 5 days before they get back to normal. My two white ones live together and Houdini, my little smartie lives on his own. I am seriously thinking about getting them all in one enclosure before I go away again as it would make things much easier and they´d have more space but I was waiting a little while after I got back from my last trip to get them back to some kind of normality. It´s not easy bonding three, there are quite a few people on here who have done it, Imbrium is doing it at the moment and has a couple of really good videos on her blog. It´s deciding on the right one to bring into the group so maybe visit a few local rescues who have single buns looking for a home and see how it goes. There are quite a few in Leeds which I see on facebook, Camp Nibble is one of them.

Keep the pics coming, I love seeing them. :thanks:

You live in Spain? Wow I bet that's nice (and warm) compared to England! Yeah those angels love to make as much mess for us as possible! You're from Leeds?! It sure is a small world!

I have a similar problem when I go to visit my parents for a weekend, sometime I take the rabbits with me, sometimes it isn't feasible so I have a friend that stays with them and they're always scuffling and nipping for a day or two. They also get moody with me for leaving them! I think my friend has a bit more of a no nonsense attitude than me haha :p

Oh cool, I might message her asking whether it is realistic for me as Dog and Dope are the first pair I've bonded; I usually adopt an already bonded pair. I think I've been rather lucky though because these two are perfect for each other!

I've been going to a few shelters and helping out with the cleaning and whatnot, sneakily keeping my eye out for a bun that will fit into our family. Dog is still really dominant and territorial, not in an aggressive way though, so I need another bun that will be quite submissive and lately there have only been bonded pairs and really territorial buns. I'm constantly looking though haha :p

I've finally found my camera lead, though it's a little nibbled, so I expect to have more pictures soon! My friends think I should become an animal photographer with the amount of pictures (and snapchats) I take haha :p

Oh dear, whilst bunny city was thoroughly enjoyed: they nibbled the entire bottom off it! And someone did a wee in there, my guess is Dope as bunny city was his favourite! So I threw it out because it was smelly and now we have the opportunity to build a new one! Better get ordering some new stuff from Amazon hehe :p

I've also found a new favourite mix of greens as a lunch treat, I call it banana salad. It's kale, green beans, teeny tiny bit of carrot and some banana on top! It's definitely a new favourite for the buns and maybe for me too, I had a taste (quality assurance, had to be done hehe) and I have to say the banana goes well in a salad!

Other than that I can't really think of anything new. Pictures are sure to follow, having laptop troubles :/ the closest shop is too far away so I'm trying to fix it myself (not going well).

Hope all is well with every one and every bun :p

Selina

Latest posts

Back