Dope and Dog's adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selbert

Reaction score
Hello from the UK!

I have two naughty, adorable little buns: a buck called Dope and a doe called Dog and they are both around 5 months old.

I first saved Dog from the horrible compounds of a Petsathome store (I often go to see if the animals are okay/pick up dog treats for my brother), where she was thrown in with some very large and territorial bunnies (the staff told me they were 10-12 weeks PAH they looked no less than 6 months!). She was only around 8-10 weeks and was obviously being bullied, I couldn't help but get her out of there! She quickly crawled into my heart!

Mummy's princess!

And she sure loves going on long walks!

After having Dog for a month or so I decided it was time to find a forever friend! Bunnies need buddies!

That's where Dope came in! I keep an eye out on the RSPCA pages, and came into contact with a girl who lived very close to me. She had had an accidental litter and had found homes for all 7. However, a lady who took THREE of the babies kept on called her with distress, she couldn't look after them and admitted they were being abused in her care. She did the right thing and returned the buns, where I adopted Dope and helped to find forever homes for the other two.

Dope, what a guy. He's the happiest, bounciest, cuddliest little mini lop! He loves walks, the cat that we've by chance adopted (he just comes round and chills with us!).

I loved him at first sight and oh boy did Dog! They fell head over fluffy-feet for each other! However, neither were fixed! They have to wait some time before they get to cuddle. I have a bunny room, in the middle is a 6ft x 4ft cage where one bunny lives and around the cage is where the other is free-roam! I made sure to swap them around, get used to smells and whatnot. I also gave them long walks so they definitely got enough exercise!

Now Dope was neutered last week, which stopped the pooping everywhere hurrah! But now Dog just wants to poop everywhere BUT the litter tray.

I've just dropped Dog off at the vet (the most lovely and caring vet I think I've ever met! I'll have to post about that later) she sure loves him too (I think she has a crush! I hope Dope doesn't find out hehe!). But I had noticed there was a bald patch on her left side, I checked for mites and pinned it down to behavioural but mentioned it to the vet who assured me he would take a look under the micro-scope and we'd figure out what's going on!

So! Hopefully when dog returns from the vet she will settle in to a nice clean cage with freshly washed blankets and her favourite veggies!
Then I hope to introduce them together for the first time after she's healed. I think they've already bonded pretty well through the cage, but I'd like to be careful and take it gradually and play it by ear mostly.

This is my first blog and it was fun so far! Excited to tell more!
Also, if anyone has any tips, or opinions I'd love to know! I love this forum!

:brown-bunny

Last edited:
I forgot to mention: Dope and Dog are adorable together! They're so smitten with each other, they eat at the same time, sleep side by side, even poop at the same time! I can't wait for the cage to go so they can finally cuddle up together!

Oh my heart stopped when I saw the vet had called back this early! I thought something terrible had happened!

Nothing to panic about though (phew) the vet had checked the bald patch under the microscope and mites it was! I relieved but also shocked, I always check and she was checked by the previous vet (when I first got her to make sure she was okay etc.) and nothing! I'm starting to suspect that Dope had mites from the previous woman who adopted him.

Anyway, she can't be spayed today because the mites could cause the wounds to become infected easily. So Dog and Dope won't be able to be together for quite some time now :( possibly not before Christmas!

Will keep you updated on the mites recovery.

Dog is making a healthy recovery from the mites, she seems much more comfortable now and it's only been a few days!

She has started waking me up (so she can be fed) in the funniest way! She hops onto the bed, onto my head and licks my nose!

What an absolute cutie pie! She's started copying Dope's little wheeze when she gets excited now too! So when I get out of bed it's a harmony of grunts and wheezes!

We're all packed up to leave to stay with my parents for a few weeks, they love it at my parents! My Mother has chickens and grows her own fodder like this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Basic-Fodder-growing-system/
So the buns are VERY happy there! Plus more people to cuddle!

My nephew and niece are very excited to see the bunnies again. My sister and her husband are too busy for pets, which is a shame because they are so good for children to learn how to care and look after animals. This is something that I feel is important for children to understand.

I'll be getting holiday photo's up soon! Excited for Christmas, family and food!

Hopping around, the Christmas tree! Oh I do love the holidays!

What a week! Home for the festive fun and the buns couldn't be happier! Though they don't have any of the free-roam privileges they do back at home, but boy are they enjoying all the treats! We've discovered green beans, they're a new favourite! Plus living in the countryside means plenty of long walks through the paddy fields and nibbling on apples in the orchard.

The new environment means that the mites are easier to control and the buns seem much more comfortable. However, we've had to separate them with a piece of MDF and they can't see each other! Poor things, I let them see each other a couple of times a day, I don't want them to forget they love each other!

Some bad litter habits are causing a little problem with my parents as the entire house has just been decorated for my sisters wedding eek! Dope has been an angel and kept it all in one place, Dog however is the opposite. Her hormones kicked in at the wrong time! I also think the stress of the journey might have caused this, hopefully it will get better. Until then, constant cleaning, which is necessary anyway for the mites!

I'm hoping to have Dog back at the vets after the new year, for a second go at spaying her. Then hopefully Dope and Dog will be together! All snuggled up without that pesky cage in the way.

Dog did the most adorable thing last night! I gave her a piece of cardboard to play with and chew and she somehow pushed it outside the cage so she had pressed as much of her nose out of the bars, staring at it longingly. Cutie!

Things will get exciting when the rest of the family start turning up, everyone is eager to cuddle my little bunaluns!

Hoping everyone (and everybun) had a wonderful Christmas and I and the buns wish you all a happy New Year!

Wow what a Christmas! The first in a LONG time where everyone was home! Including my family from America! We truly were blessed. Boy did everyone love Dog and Dope (though they have family names of Orelle and Dillon) and the buns sure enjoyed all the extra attention (and treats!).

We went craisin mad! Kale too! And new harnesses meant that Dog and Dope can go on walks together. The first time they were able to play properly together. I've never seen so many binkies!

The rabbits also met the chickens for the first time, surprisingly they got on! The rabbits would dig and chickens gorged themselves on the bugs! Team work. I was quite surprised because the rabbits that we have fostered previously never got on with the chickens, my guess is my buns are just far too adorable!

Unfortunately we have been unable to have Dog neutered because of the holidays, but I'm hoping to book her in shortly so they will FINELY be able to be together! Plus I'll get to take her to our family vet, who can't wait to meet her!

I was so lucky and loved this year and received a camera! So I'll be posting MANY bunny pics ASAP.

Much holiday love to all owners and bunnies on RO!

Selina

xxx

They infuse craisins with pure, uncut bunny crack. True story. My girls fiend over the cherry (and bunny crack) infused ones the most - even more than pomegranate infused.

Merry Christmas to you too. Congrats on your new camera, that is awesome and I can't wait to see some pictures. I may have to go and get some craisins now to try with Stache.

Hello from the UK!

I have two naughty, adorable little buns: a buck called Dope and a doe called Dog and they are both around 5 months old.

This is my first blog and it was fun so far! Excited to tell more!
Also, if anyone has any tips, or opinions I'd love to know! I love this forum!

They are both so cute and I can't imagine anyone in their right mind abusing bunnies.. or any other type of animal for that matter. I'm so glad you got them and saved them from all that drama and they look like they got lucky with a great Bunny Mom! I loved hearing about how they got along with the chicken! How cute. Did you get photos of them together?

Keep us posted and I love the pics! They are sooo adorable!

Cheers
Vanessa

Well we have had quite the end and start of a year! With the family round, my sisters wedding and a brisk move back to Sheffield we are pooped!

Dog and Dope had such a fabulous time with my parents! They truly were spoilt rotten with a big house to binky around and big gardens for long walks! Though, they were sadly still not able to be together other than a few supervised sessions every now and then. These sessions didn't last too long as Dog was most unlady like! She tended to hump Dope! A quick biology lesson should be in order as she liked to go for the head. Anyway I nipped this behaviour in the butt, aggression and dominance are not necessary! Plus poor Dope, all he wanted was a cuddle!

After my sisters wedding (Which went swimmingly! Aided by the open bar and tequila!) we invited family and friends to join us for brunch and the rabbits were so thrilled! I was anxious, thinking that all these people would stress them and was prepared to take them to a friends house down the road where they could get some peace and quiet. But to my amazement, they loved the attention! So many children to play with and so many treats (behind my back I might add). Though I kept them in one room, and they were in the cage when it started getting too crowded. Can never be too safe!

Wedding over and time to leave, it was sad to say good bye to my family knowing I wouldn't see them for a few years at least. Especially my sister-in-law who was obsessed with the rabbits! They loved her too, we would take them on long walks together everyday! But we had to leave, my partner and I had a snowboarding holiday to jet off to!

Back in Sheffield the rabbits reclaimed what once was theirs and were happy to be back in familiar land. A friend of ours came to look after them, she's always had rabbits until recently so I was super confident that they were in the best hands possible! Man do they love their aunty Emily! Besides eating her mirror, they were well behaved bunnies! Though Dog was still up to her dominance tactics, I'm desperate to have her neutered now the mites are gone for sure, but the vets are completely booked up! Everyone gets a pet for Christmas these days. Which makes going through the paper and seeing all the abandoned animals from Christmas so sad.

On my return from snowboarding (relatively injury free) I was pleased to find that after only 2 bonding sessions Dog stopped humping Dope's face! WAHOO! So they can FINALLY be together! She's booked into the vets for neutering AND their litter habits are both perfecto! Happy happy days!

What a fabulous start to the year! I hope everyone had the happiest of New Years and I'll post some pictures up as soon as I find the darned cable! My biggest suspect is Dope, he loves his wires...

They are both so cute and I can't imagine anyone in their right mind abusing bunnies.. or any other type of animal for that matter. I'm so glad you got them and saved them from all that drama and they look like they got lucky with a great Bunny Mom! I loved hearing about how they got along with the chicken! How cute. Did you get photos of them together?

Keep us posted and I love the pics! They are sooo adorable!

Cheers
Vanessa

I can't begin the fathom why someone would want to abuse an animal but sadly it happens. Thank you so much, I try so hard to keep them happy! Oh they loved playing with the chickens the little munchkins! I did get some pictures I'll try get them up as soon as possible! I need to get a new cable, bunnies up to no good again!

They infuse craisins with pure, uncut bunny crack. True story. My girls fiend over the cherry (and bunny crack) infused ones the most - even more than pomegranate infused.

This is a scientific fact! It's the only explanation for the excited grunts as soon as the packet rumbles! Bunnies love crack ;)

Merry Christmas to you too. Congrats on your new camera, that is awesome and I can't wait to see some pictures. I may have to go and get some craisins now to try with Stache.

What did Stache think to the crack-I mean craisins? :p

These two are so cute. So glad you found each other, doesn't matter where you starts, it's where you end up. Can't wait to see them together.

Don't have the crack craisins here but mine go mad for the normal ones. One rustle of the bag and they come running.

Just worked out how to wirelessly transfer photo's! Technology these days! Here are some pictures courtesy of my new camera :D

Dope loves flipping over his bowl!

Look I can play dead!

Munch munch munch

Hello camera!

Bunny butts!

Kiss kiss...

More on the way!

Cute pics, dog's ears are so cute lovely colour too but they are great together. Houdini loves flipping his bowlm I bought a nre one which is too heavy for his pellets but he's always flipping his salad plate. We have a game;he flips, I pick up, he flips etc. Yes guess who gives in first lol.

Aw, so cute! Yay for bunny pictures. :) unfortunately, Stache never got to experience crasins. He suddenly got sick and crossed the bridge.

Latest posts

Back