Don't-like breeds?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a fan of nethies either. Lops never really appealed to me. I guess that the only rabbit breeds that I really like are in order 1)Mini Rex (favorite breed of all time) and 2) polish. I have never had experience with full sized rex or flemish so do not know much about those. The big problem I see with flemish is that they weigh to much to hold or carry. another one of the few breeds that I like is the dutch though I have never met one. I do not like the variety white. It is just to hard to keep their coats white like they are supposed to be. Heck I do not even like broken Mini Rex that much because the white on their coats rarely stays white. As you can see I am really picky with my rabbits.

Holland lops.

My friend has a Holland lop and he is just pure EVIL!!! When my friend is around, he acts like a little angel. As soon as she walks away, little O (Ocean) likes to scratch, bite, and pee!

I despise Holland lops...

woahlookitsme wrote:
LOL Elizabeth but the REW breeds always win best in show :p

Or at least here in Texas. It gets pretty easy if you don't have to worry about getting the right coloring. I just can't handle Hollands and mini Rex I think they are cute and pretty but down here they are so competitive and super overrated. I like those kind of breeds that make people say oh I have never seen one of those!
It's sad but true!! I have heard the phrase "If it aint white it aint right" soooo many times by rabbit friends, lol. They're (semi) jokingly referring to how a REW wins evvvvvvvvvvvery time.

DharmaBuns wrote:
woahlookitsme wrote:
LOL Elizabeth but the REW breeds always win best in show :p

Or at least here in Texas. It gets pretty easy if you don't have to worry about getting the right coloring. I just can't handle Hollands and mini Rex I think they are cute and pretty but down here they are so competitive and super overrated. I like those kind of breeds that make people say oh I have never seen one of those!
It's sad but true!! I have heard the phrase "If it aint white it aint right" soooo many times by rabbit friends, lol. They're (semi) jokingly referring to how a REW wins evvvvvvvvvvvery time.

I didn't know that they always win, (although it makes sense) I've never been a fan of them... creepy red eyes :p

I despise most of the wool breeds- especially Lion heads. I hadthe opportunity to have a nicely bred pair and despite the doe having the sweetest parents(I picked them out) she was EVIL, the buck was cute but I didn't find them anywhere near as friendly. I don't ever want to get back into popular breeds, it's soo cut throat to show them-at least around me. Some of the rudest people I met while showing was in Holland lop and mini rex. Had a bad run in with some Nethies too so Those I won't get into again either.
I LOVE my dutch, and someday would love to get into an arch breed(maybe Tans, English Spots or Rhinelanders) but that would be years down the road I don't have the space right now, nor the ambition. I have a nice pair of broken new zealands and a pair of Californians that I raise the offspring for meat but I show the parents. I like them bu tI'd much rather show a different breed.

I really don't care for Britannia Petites, after watching the judge avoid the mouth and head at the ARBA Convention, it just made me realize that would definitely not be the breed for me. (But I do raise Checkered Giants...go figure)

I haven't been around a whole lot of rabbits, so my list is short. I've never really met any mean rabbits. I don't care much for lops (except French lops are ok, because they are big) or lion heads.

I do have a netherland and he is a character and some times a handful. Sweet little guy tho and I love him just the same. If I hadn't of rescued him I probably would have gone with a calmer rabbit, but I kind of like the crazy hyperactive Harvey haha.

OMGOSH! I HATE French lops! My friend bought a prize winning French lop buck a couple of years ago. He was a living... I don't even know what to call him. Nightmare? He bit right through my friend's dad's fingernail! He would attack you like I attack chocolate! He was pure evil...

They sold him, and next thing we know, some people in that family had a couple of new scars, and the rabbit mysteriously 'dissapeared'. They said he escaped...

Tip: NEVER buy a rabbit unless you see him first. Even if he is a prize-winning rabbit, don't get him unless he is a sweetheart!

Some people are going to dislike me for is, but I really don't like Rex's.. Of any kind. I'm also not a big fan of Californians. Or Flemish giants.

I mostly don't like Mini Rex's because they are SO over showed here and I really dislike the way they moult. Interestingly enough, Hollands aren't very well known around here though, there was one at my county fair. There were two mini lops, and the rest were either Rex's or the really big breeds.

I don't LOVE mini rexes either... I dunno why, just something with how their fur looks...

Hmm... this thread has gotten popular quickly.

I suppose if I were to pick a breed that I don't care for it would be a netherland dwarf (even though Peter was one, I still loved him though)I find they are just too skittish and high energy! I LOVE big buns because they are more evenly tempered and easier to handle :)

Zaiya wrote:
OMGOSH! I HATE French lops! My friend bought a prize winning French lop buck a couple of years ago. He was a living... I don't even know what to call him. Nightmare? He bit right through my friend's dad's fingernail! He would attack you like I attack chocolate! He was pure evil...

They sold him, and next thing we know, some people in that family had a couple of new scars, and the rabbit mysteriously 'dissapeared'. They said he escaped...

Tip: NEVER buy a rabbit unless you see him first. Even if he is a prize-winning rabbit, don't get him unless he is a sweetheart!

this actually made me kinda laugh...i have been sooo lucky to never meet a mean lop. the mean ones were lionheads or polish, some nethies haha

i wouldnt judge the breed off one rabbit, though!!

French lop buck who had never been around kids before
IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

French lop doe who had never been around kids before
IMG_0006.jpg

a 3 year old holland raised with kids
242.jpg

25641_1413091612157_6254515_n.jpg

i like lops...lol. hope to never meet a bad one!

Zaiya wrote:
The first lop looks a lot like the devil-bun that I was unfortunate to meet...

LOL aw im so sorry your intro to french lops was by a devil spawn!

Honestly, he is the biggest baby of the trio. Took me two weeks, but i walk in the shed and he presses his face against the cage for pets and i cannot even put my hand in there without petting him or else he traps my hand with his face haha

fuzz16 wrote:
Honestly, he is the biggest baby of the trio. Took me two weeks, but i walk in the shed and he presses his face against the cage for pets and i cannot even put my hand in there without petting him or else he traps my hand with his face haha

That has got to be the cutest French lop out there-all the pictures are adorable-you've about got me convinced that my next bunny I get will be a French lop.

Latest posts

Back