Don't-like breeds?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zaiya wrote:
I warn you: be careful which bun you choose...

That's the way it is with any rabbit, not just one breed :/

Honestly, I am one of those people that loves any rabbit that comes my way. I think they're all adorable and they have their own individual charm :biggrin2:

Im not to crazy about any of the big breeds, but english lops. I tried raising them their just to much to handle and take up SO much room. An the feed they go threw....NO thank you!! I had a rex he was a sweet boy...but they just don't appeal to me. I raise Lionheads, hollands and have a ND doe, these are the only breeds i would ever raise. I have to say i did have a satin one time, and i did enjoy him!

I havn't really met any buns I didn't like, but some need more patience to see their individual good points heheheee
I wouldn't have an ELop because I'm afraid of ear injuries. I tend to not like the arch breeds as much because I like snuggle buns. My husband dislikes REW and is so good about us having so many rescues I wouldn't push the issue. I have lops, uppy eard, large, small, all sorts of colors and breeds- they are all wonderfully unique.

Funny because I used to breed them & it is even my user name on here.... But, Lionheads! They are so inconsistent! There are a few breeders that have awesome ones, but most are so horrendous looking!

Other than the inconsistency in the lions, I think each rabbit holds it's own beauty. I think that if you actually got to see a BIS winner in each breed you may appreciate them more.

I was not a fan of Britts... then I saw this stunning Britt posed perfectly on the BIS table & it won... It was gorgeous! They may not make good pets, but they look stunning when bred to the SOP.

I used to think English Lops were among the ugliest of all... My daughter breeds them & has done fabulous with them on the tables winning many BIS wins. They are an amazing breed with the best personality. They are so elegant when you see a really nice one.

I think that besides Lionheads the only other breed that bugs me is Velveteen Lops... Again, it is inconsistency.

=)

I would have to say that I would probably never have an English lop. I would be terrified that something would happen to one of those long ears. I think they're pretty, but I would be constantly worried about ear problems. More stress than its worth probably.
I will say that I would be picky about having a Nethie, I only really like the black/chocolate otters and that is because of their faces. But the solid ones, I don't really like that much.
But I like most breeds, I would just be picky about color I guess. I love all giant breeds and all arch breeds. I think they're so adorable and anything with a gigantic uppy ear is amazing in my book! lol.
My husband doesn't really like the long haired breeds or Rex's(the only Rex's he likes are Archie and Natasha Rabbitova) the other pictures I show him, they don't do anything for him. But I did find that he loves Checkered Giants, because he says they have a "racing stripe down their backs". lol, such a man.

Latest posts

Back