Donald Miller anyone?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystal

Reaction score
Has anyone read any of Donald Miller's books?

A while ago I read 'blue like jazz', and then recently read 'through painted desserts' in about two weeks which is pretty fast for me. Within the next few days I picked 'a million miles in a thousand years' out of my brother's box of books. He has a a couple more as well which I intend to read some time... I really like his style, and the imagery and honesty he uses. He tends to write down a whole lot of stuff that other people wouldn't admit to thinking.

I'm not sure what else this topic can contain, maybe if you have read any of his books you can talk about what challenged you, or your favourite parts etc.

I would also recommend these books to people, especially if you have an interest in spirituality. Miller's books certainly aren't like reading a theology text book but they do mention God, faith etc (in a way that I think is really honest and fresh).

so let the topic begin... :p

I haven't read any of his books or heard of him. I will have to look him up on Amazon and see what is available. I am always looking for new books to read.

Weird, I wonder whether he is more famous here than in his own country...

check out his wikipedia page. it says he is a best selling author, so I thought he would be pretty well known. although I realise you are only one person :p

:embarrassed:im a bookworm and i've never heard of him. i did google him tho' it could be as you say - he is more famous in your country. i do regularly wonder round my local bookshops in search of inspiration. either a title or jacket will catch my eye and get me to pick the book up. i can honestly say i havent heard of the gentleman. i will have to keep an eye out for him - i like a good theological text that doesnt ram dogma down my throat.:)

This is interesting... but I guess you are still only two people so who knows.

A lot of my friends have heard of him and read 'blue like jazz', it's pretty well known, but that is among Christian circles and in a particular area too.

I recommend his books though! I'm not loving 'a million miles in a thousand years' as much as his other books that I've read, but it's definitely not a bad read. and I could still end up loving it by the end!

Be interesting to see if his books are readily available in in the UK and US as they are here... although I guess it is mostly in Christian book shops that they are found here.

Latest posts

Back