Domestic Bunnies in Front Yard

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker1416

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was recently downtown and I noticed what looked like a black domestic rabbit, I wasn't sure at first so I stayed and watched it for a bit longer and it definitely is a domestic bunny. While I was sitting there, two other domestic bunnies came out and were hopping around. While I know some people choose to have their bunnies outside, these bunnies were in a front yard, not enclosed at all. They were running in to the road (a main road is right by this house) and in to other yards. Does anyone know if I can do anything about this? I'm not sure if the owners want the bunnies or if this is their way of getting rid of them. I've never seen an owner interact with them and I'm truly worried about the wellbeing of the bunnies. Thank you for any help!

Definitely contact an animal rescue as buns will not last long in the human jungle. Too often, breeders dump them in order to get rid of them for whatever reason. We had dozens dumped around a local train station a few years back. Some ended up as road kill. One of my buns was dumped in the pine barrens and was rescued just before Winter. He was skin and bones and had bugs on him. If you think that they are not somebody's buns that just happened to escape from their yard without owner's knowledge, act ASAP. Actually, even if they are "owned" maybe they should not be, given the fact that they are not secured.

Definitely contact an animal rescue as buns will not last long in the human jungle. Too often, breeders dump them in order to get rid of them for whatever reason. We had dozens dumped around a local train station a few years back. Some ended up as road kill. One of my buns was dumped in the pine barrens and was rescued just before Winter. He was skin and bones and had bugs on him. If you think that they are not somebody's buns that just happened to escape from their yard without owner's knowledge, act ASAP. Actually, even if they are "owned" maybe they should not be, given the fact that they are not secured.

They definitely haven’t just escaped, because someone else had seen the black bun before. I’m looking for rescues around me now and will contact some tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back