dogs and bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peapoo_bunny

Reaction score
do any of yalls dogs get along withyour bunny? my dog doesnt seem to mind peapoo, he actually licksher...but im not sure if he would eat her or not..

I'm assuming your dog is grooming peapoo, not seeing what she tastes like.

One of my dogs, Amber, tolerates Odin but growls if he starts buggingher. My other dog, Cassie, is afraid of Odin since he's much bigger.Both ignore Loki and Tyr. Overall it's a pretty good arrangement.

Our old dog, aDalmatian, used to love playing and snuggling with Rex. They'd oftensleep nose-to-nose, and Rex's forehead was almost always wet with doggyspit :D

We were careful, however, when they were together. The dog was nearly75 pounds, and Rex is a mere 5 pounds. Pepper could have easily hurtRex without intending to, whether by running over him, or playing tooroughly. They were never unsupervised.

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

Kaya is perfectly fine with Raph when they areoutdoors in the yard (she will even try to play with him out there),but I do have to be somewhat cautious with them in the house. I'vediscovered that Kaya is extremely jealous of Raph indoors...she willgrowl at himif he hops up to her, and she shoves herselfbetween me and Raph and snarls if he (Raph) is close to me. So I neverleave them alone together. One thing happened yesterday though...shesnapped a sharp bark at Raph when he happened to approach her in thekitchen, and as soon as she did that her spray collar (designed to keepdogs from barking) went off. For the rest of the evening she was afraidto go anywhere near that dastardly rabbit, thinking he was the cause ofher getting sprayed. :bunnydance:

peapoo got to go outside today becausewe finally got a fence. my dog Max absolutely loves her... he lays downclose to where shes eating or playing and he'll keep moving closer andcloser to her. she climbed all over him. heres a pic of the two..

That is such an adorable picture! Iwouldn't leave them unsupervised, though. Your dog might wantto play a little too roughly and unintentionally hurt your bun-bun.

nose_twitch wrote:
That is such an adorable picture! I wouldn't leavethem unsupervised, though. Your dog might want to play alittle too roughly and unintentionally hurt your bun-bun.
ohdont worry about that...theyll never be unsupervised....max is reallylaid back because he got run over by a truck when he was a puppy andnow he cant breath good because his nose is crooked...but i would neverleave him alone with her no matter how good he is with her... wouldntwant a bunny with abroke nose..lol:bunnydance:

My puppy grew up with my old rabbit Mollie. Butwhen Mollie died and i got some more rabbits, all she wants to do ischase them. So at the moment we have to let them out in thegarden seperate times. But we are working on her not chasing them,because if you throw a biscuit in the garden she ignores them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/linz_oliver/poopydogatherfirstshow016Small.jpg

I thinks its also because she is a border collie, and when she sees therabbits run, she wants to chase them. She probually thinks their sheepin disguise!
But I think any dog can get along with a rabbit, aslong as they have been trained properly.

My rabbit? I dont have a clue what breed she is.I rescued her with her sister. They said they were 3 years old, but ayear after they were still growing. They got HUGE!

(sorry about late reply, been away for christmas)

I have 4 dogs, and they are all fine with mybunnies, in fact, the youngest, most hyperactive dog we have (Acollie/shepherd mix) is the first of all the animals to stop and settledown to lick or cuddle with the bunnies :)

Just watch your pup with your bun for awhile, you should be able to geta good idea on if they will be safe or not. This is Jaspar cuddlingwith Cygnus:

Resized_CROP-cygjazz.jpg

Not a very good picture, but you can see that they just love each other ;) :)

Resized_CROP-jazzy.jpg

That's a better pic of Jaspar ;)

im more afraid of max gettinghurt...lol...but theyre fine... peapoo bites sometimes, butmax wouldnt hurt a fly....we get alot of stray puppies around here andmax is the one that "takes care" of them...he probably just thinkspeapoos some kind of weird dog.. the other two dogs on the other hand,want to eat peapoo...

jaspar's so cute... he looks like some of our puppies we've had...werescue stray puppies from my dads jobs, and most of them areshepherd mix,boxers, or bassetts

heres one.."casper"

Awww lol Caspar's such a cutie in that tunnel lol ! :D
Yeah jaspar was a shelter dog; a hunter found her in the middle of thewoods, told the shelter he thought she was a bear cub at first o_O Shedoes sound like onewhen she plays though lol weird dog sheis:)

I held my littel 2.5lb netherlanddwarf up to my probably 15 pound little Lhasa Apso cross andhe started crying at her. He did chase her once when someone let him inwhile Pepsi was out but I managed to do the "lunge and grab" to get himto get things under control! ;)

My pooch Sam is a mini fox terrier and by naturethey like to chase rats mice and Im guessing rabbits. I havnt riskedputting them together for a play as yet as Sam is pretty full on and Idont trust that he wouldnt have a go. Ironically it seems the biggerthe dog the better they get along with rabbits..lol.

Lorretta

My dogs are a little afraid of my rabbits asthey sense that I am watching them carefully and they know that theywill be in BIG trouble if they ever did anything. I heard a terriblestory that I will pass on....a girl had a rabbit and a dog that gotalong really well...then the father built a big area for the rabbit inthe yard. Once the rabbit was outdoors the dogs perception of therabbit changed and you know what happened to the poor rabbit. The girlassumed they would be fine together in the yard,

Latest posts

Back