Dog walker saves rabbits from being thrown in the river

Discussion in 'Rabbits in the Press' started by Bindi, Jan 14, 2014.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above.
  1. May 28, 2017 #21

AlptnMrl730

AlptnMrl730

AlptnMrl730

This woman had a special gift to be able to rescue these poor bunnies. It also took great courage as she did not know if this person would have hurt her. Someone who can kill an animal can also kill a human.

2. May 29, 2017 #22

RavenousDragon

RavenousDragon

RavenousDragon

I am very pro-shelter animal (my three current pets were euthanasia row animals) but NOT all breeders (nor most) are evil or deserve to be hated. Further, how is raising your own rabbits for meat any different from raising your own chickens? And why would a breeder or meat rabbit operation leave rabbits without food or water- isn't the point of a meat rabbit to GROW? Sort of need food and water for that. What do you think happens to these animals after the breeding/meat operation is shut down? Most are killed (shelters are already full of animals that actually like people- why fill them with hundreds of 'unadoptables'?). Animal cruelty is NEVER ok, but really how often are these backyard rabbit farms actually cruel? And how is this different from any other meat operation?

JamesG123 likes this.
  3. May 10, 2018 #23

LionheadRabbitLover

LionheadRabbitLover

LionheadRabbitLover

Wtf?! Why????????
    They could’ve just found them a different home or just have them live free range somewhere. I know a woman who has tame rabbits running free on her property and she just throws vegetables and hay out and they come and eat it up. She also has a garden that they run around in. Sometimes some of them do disappear (probably due to predators), but they’re very happy and fat. They get to be wild but get fed like pets. If I was a bunny I’d love to live there.
    It baffles me that people’s last resort always has to be to kill everything.

4. May 10, 2018 #24

Blue eyes

Blue eyes

Blue eyes

Supporting Member

@LionheadRabbitLover , this thread started over 4 years ago. o_O I see you haven't been on the forum for very long, so just fyi, it is discouraged to post on old posts -- unless it is an update for example, on a rabbit's condition. Might want to be sure to take a peek at the date on the latest post of any thread before posting. :)
    Nice to have you on RO.

5. May 10, 2018 #25

LionheadRabbitLover

LionheadRabbitLover

LionheadRabbitLover

Oh okay. Sorry, thought it was active.

6. May 11, 2018 #26

ladysown

ladysown

ladysown

Please do not compare the unwarranted lack of concern for a rabbit and equate that to equal unwarranted lack of concern for a child its a different thing.

LionheadRabbitLover likes this.