Dog Saves Woman Held With Knife to Her Throat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
Hooray for Wally!

Wally, an old golden retriever, grabbed the assailant by the leg as the man held a knife to his victim's throat and demanded money. The woman's screams prompted a call to the police who arrived to find a stalemate as the man would not release the woman until the dog released his leg.

The woman, Jean, is one of our tenants who was assaulted in front of our property as she walked along the back alley to the post office. Wally is her old teddy bear of a dog who loves to play with our Jack Russell.

Jean is ok, but very traumatized by the experience. The violence (mostly drug related) is shocking for our tiny burg. My husband has always wanted me to carry mace when I jog - I'm certainly going to do it now! (The isolated wooded trail that I run is also a commonly used shortcut for vagrants). There's also a vagrant in town who has been threatening my 11 year old son - I'd sure like to mace him. The police have talked to him, and the guy hasn't said anything to my son since then - but does stand there glaring at him. (Same guy who has threatened to take a gun andblow awayall the waitresses at a local restaurant because they won't return his affections.)

So much for life in our "cute little idyllic burg."

Pam

Wow, I'm glad she's okay! I love hearing stories where the animals are the heroes.

One time at the dog park, someone brought a german shepherd that became very aggressive to a little girl for some reason and had her backed into a corner. My sister's dogs HATES when he hears screaming or any other noise associated to pain (we even have fun with it by slapping our own thighs and yelling "Ow!"to get a reaction from him!). Anyway, this little girl started to scream and cry because the dog was barking at her and showing his teachuntilmy sister's dog actually attacked him and broke his leg.

:pinkbouce:go wally! every so often our village and others are targeted by conmen going door to door - pretending to be from the gas or water company. they try to gain entry to the house, one then distracts whilst the other robs. it's amazing how quickly they leave when the dogs' start barking at the sound of the door bell:D dont get the conmen who offer to do 'repairs' to my roof either.

wouldnt be without my furry security team who send licks to wally and ask that he be given a biscuit on their behalf:bunnydance:

The case went to court yesterday. Jean refused to enter the courtroom without Wally, so the judge relented and let Wally attend the hearing (as long as he didn't bark LOL).

pamnock wrote:
The case went to court yesterday. Jean refused to enter the courtroom without Wally, so the judge relented and let Wally attend the hearing (as long as he didn't bark LOL).

Lol..well really i do think it was only appropiate to let Wally in the courtroom as afterall he was the top dog in thislol....go Wally!

Latest posts

Back