Dog and rabbits advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarrieBun

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum and would really like some advice.

I have 3 beautiful bunnies who I absolutely adore, they have a double bedroom as their room and free roam when me and my partner are home, my partner would really like to get a golden retriever puppy and I am hesitant because of our bunnies, I would hate to make them feel uncomfortable and I really do not want them harmed in any way.

Does anyone else have any experience with rabbits and dogs?

Yep! Training is important! I explain on my site here how I've introduced dogs and rabbits. Many others have had success as well. It can actually be more difficult with a puppy -- especially during the teething stage. Puppies like to play like...err.. puppies, which means nipping puppymate ears and rough-housing. A puppy will see the rabbits as puppymates and that is what can make it difficult. Older dogs can be easier.
upload_2019-8-13_11-7-13.png

Yep! Training is important! I explain on my site here how I've introduced dogs and rabbits. Many others have had success as well. It can actually be more difficult with a puppy -- especially during the teething stage. Puppies like to play like...err.. puppies, which means nipping puppymate ears and rough-housing. A puppy will see the rabbits as puppymates and that is what can make it difficult. Older dogs can be easier.
View attachment 42297

Thank you, I do worry that play could end very badly, my partner suggested keeping doors locked etc but I'm not sure that fair on either animal.

Latest posts

Back