Does yours do this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So every now and then, Shen flops so hard, he rolls over onto his back and onto his other side. Then proceeds to either sit up, looking as if he didn't do anything or just stare at us as if he meant to do it. Have your bunny done this?

Yep! My bun does it on a daily basis! He’ll often stay asleep like that too! It just means they feel really comfortable and safe enough to sleep like that, I suppose!

Attachments

• AF3D0C4D-8DCE-435E-ABEA-63280C2F202E.jpeg
    AF3D0C4D-8DCE-435E-ABEA-63280C2F202E.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 007844FC-419F-4E98-BC27-D9715CD3BDC2.png
    007844FC-419F-4E98-BC27-D9715CD3BDC2.png
    715.4 KB · Views: 21
Yep! My bun does it on a daily basis! He’ll often stay asleep like that too! It just means they feel really comfortable and safe enough to sleep like that, I suppose!
It's like the funniest thing I have ever seen. He usually does it after a hard day of binkies and zoomies. But tends to surprise himself when he rolls over. But it's the cutest thing ever! Wish I could catch him do it.

Theo did this last night! Since he used to be outside I had never seen him roll onto his back when he flopped, but it was SO CUTE! I wish I had taken a picture, but it was like 2 AM and my phone was downstairs 🙄
It's one of the greatest things to watch. Because of how much they show comfort to be willing to do that. Especially if they find a spot they want to flop at but then end up flopping so hard, they roll off the spot. Like right off a pillow they decided to claim as a bed, or between food/water bowls then get mad at the bowls for being in the way. 😂

Young Willa did that sort of shenanigans all the time... This was her first few days with my sister before I "stole" her to come to live with me... she was a lounger, but not a very coordinated one.

Attachments

• IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1418.JPG
    IMG_1418.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 6
It really is quite funny to see them overestimate how hard to flop, because a lot of times after flopping too far, they pop right back up looking all confused as to what happened to their grand attempt at a contented flop.

One of my favorite pics of Snowflake. He’s the master at freaking me out!

It's not called the 'dead bunny flop' for nothing. Many times I've had my heart jump when a bun has been completely sacked out. They totally look dead.

Yes! Bunny flops are the best! It is said that bunnies will flop and roll in front of each other to show how happy they are! And sometimes to show they are happier than the other bunny!
Check out our bun in front of our fireplace.

It really is quite funny to see them overestimate how hard to flop, because a lot of times after flopping too far, they pop right back up looking all confused as to what happened to their grand attempt at a contented flop.

It's not called the 'dead bunny flop' for nothing. Many times I've had my heart jump when a bun has been completely sacked out. They totally look dead.
I can always tell when Shen is doing his signature flop, though. He rolls his head then the rest of his body. And it's hilarious when he overestimates how hard he flops.

Latest posts

Back