Does your bunny like belly rubs?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a bunny that will go completely still and fall asleep when I rub her belly! I found this out while one day sitting on the sofa with her in my lap watching tv. When she gets annoyed or wants something she starts digging on me. Because we were in the middle of an action packed movie, I wasn’t as attentive to her as she would have liked so she started digging on my legs while sitting in my lap. I turned her around so that her head was away from me and for some reason just started rubbing almost massaging her belly with both on my hands. She immediately calmed down and got very still. The next thing I know, she was asleep. Now she almost demands her belly rubs! I have never had a rabbit do this. I massage both of my girls on a regular basis but had never really massaged their bellies until this happened. My other girl likes more back and neck rubs than belly rubs. Does anyone else have a rabbit who loves belly rubs? Where are other sweet spots on bunnies? I thought I knew them all! 😂

My bunnies hate belly rubs they will bite or run away if I attempted it. They seem to be sensitive in those spots but they enjoy being stroked on there backs and there ears and head.

my bunfolk hate those rubs; in the better case they'll roll back into loaves to be pet 'normally' again, but more often they'll flick their hocks at me and give me the butt glare.

Latest posts

Back