Does your bunny lick you?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve will groom my forehead if I ask him to (put my head down to his level) but not all the time. Cali wouldn't do it for all the treats in the world, but she will lick my pants sometimes, or lick whatever is in reach. Seems like a nervous thing when she does it. She's a little weirdo though :)

Barry does. Lips, face, neck, hand, arm. Lick lick lick lick lick! LOL We're buddies though and although I don't lick him back, I smooch him all over his head nose and ears.

Black Jack does not, though he enjoys his ear rubs (he of course, grooms his wifeybun all the time.) SunDancer is just a licker! My daughter can get her to like her nose on command. I can sometimes. But if not, she will freely give kisses on her terms. When I open the cage door in the morning, both BJ and SunDancer are there waiting to come out and play, and she will greet with kisses. If she is out playing she will come up to me and give kisses. If I pick her up and cuddle her, she gives kisses. She is just very affectionate.

Pepsi occasionally will give a lick or two. It is usually accompanied by a nibble, which is startling and somewhat unpleasant depending on where the nibble is, LOL!

Our new girl, Misty Blue, don't know yet. We have only had her a few days now, but she is nice and will cuddle, so perhaps a lick or two is in the near future.

Xena will lick only my head while I'm on the floor rarely. Very rarely. Its nice. Also weird since I know my rabbits like my wife better but she never got licked by them. I think its because once in a while Xena will acknowledge that I do all the work when it comes to their care.

mine girl ( as in bunny ), lick(s) my hand or arm

my boy ( as in bunny ), has nothing to do w/ me ..... still young I guess ( 13 weeks working on 14 ) and is yet to get comfortable w/ his surroundings ( at the flat for about 3 weeks now )

I've only ever had one bunny in my life and that is this one. So then I guess it's natural for mostly all bunnies to be affectionate like that. It's so cute :3

Twigs licks my daughter (his mommy) all the time. He loves to lick her feet its so gross. But he'll also lick her arms or face or anywhere. But she's the only one he'll lick.

Spike loves to lick us! He loves going after our pant legs for some reason, but will also lick our faces if we lay on the floor. He licks hubby's glasses (and sometimes tries to pull them off). It's so cute when they lick you! I love it.

If I lie down on the floor Mordecai will run over and lick my forehead.

Olli would lick me pretty much all day if he could. He sleeps on my bed and when he gets bored he wakes me up with super sloppy kisses its so gross! I am so sure he does it on purpose. Love it so much though...

Skippy was SO affectionate when it came to licking. Face, hands, whatever he could reach. The only time Meeko has ever licked me was when I rescued her from the flea market she was being sold at, and I think that was a 'thank you for getting me out of there'! sort of deal. I know she loves me, and she lets me stroke under her chin, her face, etc... but no further licks have been given. Everybunny's different, but I do miss those licks!

My boy bunny has never licked me unless he does by accident while taking a treat from my hand. But my new girl bunny Molly licks me all the time! I just got her 3 days ago. When I hold her to my chest she licks my chest and nibbles on my hair if it accidently gets in her face. When I'm sitting during her play time she'll come over and lick my hands and feet and legs. When I try to return the favor by giving her pets and nose rubs she just licks that hand. It's really cute. If i hold my hand out she'll take time to lick each finger. Sometimes she nibbles a bit which isn't as cute. But I love her!

Last edited:
my hands, my forehead, my nose, she even grooms my hair... I sometimes look like a troll after she is done with my hair :p also when she is playing,, she runs around.. then jumps up to me if I'm watching tv or something, licks me a few times and then runs away, comes back licks me and then binkies away from me... its the cutest

OH YES!!! My Daisy licks me a TON! Minutes on end, and rubs her chin on me

Latest posts

Back