Does your bunny lick and drink his own urine?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vivibee

Reaction score
Dearfriends, my bunny would occasionally lickand drink his own urine, and he seems to enjoy it! Is that anabnormal behavior?

Vivian

Both of mine did it as babies but grew out of it.

Berri used to do that sometimes, just makes ya go :yuck

Pebble and Ebony don't do that, thank the Lord!! lol

Thank you every one foryour helpful feedbacks. :) My bunny is littertrained and he's quite consistent. Recently, whenever Ichange his litter, he would come examine the new litter, and thenintentionally pee pee outside the box, and drinks it. But thenext time he has to pee, he would go back to the litter box.It's very strange, I wonder if he's trying to send me a message? I wishI speak Bunny-ish, or Bunny-ese. :?

My bunny did that for a few days after she wasspayed. She was in pain, so I can understand that she didn't feel likegetting up to go to her box and instead peed wherever she was sitting.But then she turned around and started licking it >.< Shedid it a lot on one day in particular. I asked the vet assisstant andshe said that bunnies were very clean animals and she was probablytrying to clean up after herself. :dunno: Not sure if that's true ornot. Maybe it's a mystery.

I love yourbunnies! :bunny24so handsome looking. Is Pebble a white Rex?How old is he? He looks very similar to mine,Feichai. I adopted him 3 1/2 yrs ago from SPCA,they didn't indicate his breed or age, they are still mysteries that Ineed to find out!!:huh

He looks like a rex to me. What does his fur feel like? Is it very short and plush?

How much does your boy weigh? If he's about 3-4 pounds he's a mini, 6-7 pounds he's a standard.

His colour is REW (red eyed white).

--Dawn

Yes, his fur feels short and plush,velvet-like. He's about 6 lb. Thank you so much foryour information! Another question, a question I'm afraid toask: what's the age span of a standard rex?

Thank you thank you for your ACCURATEinformation! Thank you, I need to go hug my bunnyimmediately:bunnyheart

vivibee wrote:
I love your bunnies!:bunny24so handsome looking. Is Pebble a white Rex? How oldis he? He looks very similar to mine, Feichai.I adopted him 3 1/2 yrs ago from SPCA, they didn't indicatehis breed or age, they are still mysteries that I need to find out!!:huh
Is this to me?

If it is, Pebble is a half rex :p Her mum was a black rex and dad awhite lop, sometimes she looks like a rex:), but her fur doesn't feellike it.:(She just turned one.

Feichailooks like a rex to me too, he's adorable:bunnyheart

:bunnydance:Yes yes, we wanted to say hi to Berri and Pebble =)
Thank you all for solvingFeichai's mysteries. At least I know he is a Rex now., and some bunniesdo lick their own urine. I'm yet to find out hisage! I had him for 3 1/2 years, and when I firstadopted him he was already the same size as he is right now, exceptthat he was skinnier back then.
That's my next mission !! :run:

Bun-Bun licks Cocoa's pee and eats his poop.Kinda nasty. But both my buns eat their own poop and pee as well. It'sa natual "item" they eat for their digestion.

Latest posts

Back