Does this sound like mites to you ???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBunny

Boomer Bunny
Reaction score
Boomer Bunny has small hard scabby/dandruff spots on his back and sides. from what i have read it sounds like mites to me... i cant see anything and even the small sores on him are REALLY hard to see because of all his hair. but i don't really see his scratching or over grooming.
Small clumps of hair sometimes come out with the scabs. and the scabs are white and thick like think dandruff.

Is it safe to treat for mites even if it turns out that it isn't mites?
I'm almost certainly taking him to the vet to see. he is only nearly 13 weeks old so i'm concerned he may not be old enough for treatments.
what else might it be ??? he is a indoor bunny only but i have been taking him outside for small periods of time to graze on the lawn... so maybe he caught something from outdoors?

Sounds like it could be mites. Revolution is a safe treatment and you can get it at the vet. You may or may not need a 2nd dose in a couple of weeks to catch any that have hatched...just depends on how advanced it is.

You can double check with the vet but, yes, it should be okay for a 3 month old. The vet may give you the kitten dosage for him.

I've given it to 8 week old rabbits before. Here is a dosage chart. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqNwCCRSq8[/ame]

Latest posts

Back