Does this look like cataracts? *pics included*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
I took these photos of Sexy Rexy on his birthday this Monday. I noticed afterwards a cloudy look in his eye(s). I didn't use flash, but you can see the window reflected in his eye. What I'm talking about is that bluish-cloudy area around the reflection. I'm hoping someone with experience in this area can confirm whether or not it looks like cataracts:

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

He just turned 7, so I realize that this could be age-related. He doesn't seem to have any issues with sight, but then again, I don't change things around much and he could just be really well adapted. I have startled him on occasion, but I'll have to see if that's a consistent response or not.

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

This is a really good article on cataracts. It has pictures for comparison.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Eye_diseases/Disorder/cataract.pdf

There is a picture in there that looks a lot like Rex's eye, at least from what I can tell in the picture. This was the "healthy"example.:)

I'm far from an expert (I just read a lot!), but it looks like his eye is just fine.

I can't really tell from the photo.However, since he is 7, a slight clouding/hazinessto the eye is not unusual, nor does it affect the sight.

I don't believeyour rabbithas cataracts.

Pam

Good to know! Thank you both so much :)

I saw something similar to this in a rabbit at the shelter. The vet didn't think it was a cataract though, but possibly cancer.

Latest posts

Back