Does this Holland Lop have good type/showable?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Could I Show This Buck?

• Total voters

Bee's Beautiful Bunnies

Reaction score
A while back I made a post on a two week old buck asking if he had good type; most people said he had potential. Now this buck is about 4 or 5 months and I'm wondering if he might be showable at all? I've never showed rabbits and have no idea where to start, or if I should to start with 4-H(I'm 15)? though I do know generally what to look for in Holland Lops, how to pose Holland Lops and color faults.
He doesn't really know how to pose and doesn't like to hold his head up even though I know he can (I've seen him sitting in his cage in a pose with head up). I know he's probably not grand champion quaility or anything but I'd like to show rabbits even if I never get any awards.
He is currently molting but is a Sable Point. He weighs 3.5 lbs and feels nice and solid. The first picture is in natural lighting outside and the last two are inside.

Attachments

• 83765_243403_1661195036441.jpg
    83765_243403_1661195036441.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220826_175452.jpg
    20220826_175452.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220826_175456.jpg
    20220826_175456.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
He looks like he is from show lines but didn't get the dwarf gene. His head, ears and limbs are longer than you want to see on a show quality holland lop. If you are looking to start showing I would definitely recommend starting in 4H. Having a mentor who can see the rabbits in person and give you hands on advice is irreplaceable.

He rather looks like a Mini Lop than a Holland Lop. Holland Lops are usually smaller in size and have shorter heads. He looks so nice nevertheless! 🙂

He looks like he is from show lines but didn't get the dwarf gene. His head, ears and limbs are longer than you want to see on a show quality holland lop. If you are looking to start showing I would definitely recommend starting in 4H. Having a mentor who can see the rabbits in person and give you hands on advice is irreplaceable.
Thanks a lot! This is really helpful :)

He rather looks like a Mini Lop than a Holland Lop. Holland Lops are usually smaller in size and have shorter heads. He looks so nice nevertheless! 🙂
It's possible but I doubt that he's mini lop because he came with a full pedigree and I believe some of his relatives are from reputable Holland breeders. Thank you a ton anyway though!! 😊

This does not look like a mini lop. Holland lops have that high head mount; mini lops do not.

Latest posts

Back