Does my rescue look like a White Flemish Giant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is he a Flemish Giant?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MissActon08

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I rescued the rabbit below as I was told he is a Flemish Giant or Flemish mix. Now I've had 4 Flemish Giant rabbits one a mix, and he does not seem big enough nor have the right head shape. Can one of you help me to tell if he is a Flemish Giant or if he is an American or Florida White.

He is estimated to be 9-12 months and weighs 5.9lbs and has been neutered with larger than grape size testes. In one picture he is next to a paper towel roll and another next to a size 8 women's slipper for size comparison.

Thank you!!!

View media item 9871View media item 9870View media item 9869View media item 9868View media item 9867View media item 9866View media item 9865View media item 9864

Definitely not a flemish giant. Not only is the head shape wrong (he has a narrow, more feminine head than even a female flemish would have) and the ears too short, but he is just way, way too small. A Flemish should be at senior weight by that age (13+ lbs) though they still might be growing and filling out. He's not even the minimum weight for a baby baby flemish to show. I doubt he'd even be a flemish mix. Maybe a New Zealand White cross, but not flemish.

Latest posts

Back