Does my rescue look like a White Flemish Giant?

Discussion in 'The Rabbitry and Show Room' started by MissActon08, Oct 10, 2019 at 1:29 AM.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

?

Is he a Flemish Giant?

This poll will close on Oct 17, 2019 at 1:29 AM.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Oct 10, 2019 at 1:29 AM #1

MissActon08

MissActon08

MissActon08

Hello Everyone,

I rescued the rabbit below as I was told he is a Flemish Giant or Flemish mix. Now I've had 4 Flemish Giant rabbits one a mix, and he does not seem big enough nor have the right head shape. Can one of you help me to tell if he is a Flemish Giant or if he is an American or Florida White.

He is estimated to be 9-12 months and weighs 5.9lbs and has been neutered with larger than grape size testes. In one picture he is next to a paper towel roll and another next to a size 8 women's slipper for size comparison.

Thank you!!!

2. Oct 10, 2019 at 3:50 AM #2

SableSteel

SableSteel

SableSteel

Definitely not a flemish giant. Not only is the head shape wrong (he has a narrow, more feminine head than even a female flemish would have) and the ears too short, but he is just way, way too small. A Flemish should be at senior weight by that age (13+ lbs) though they still might be growing and filling out. He's not even the minimum weight for a baby baby flemish to show. I doubt he'd even be a flemish mix. Maybe a New Zealand White cross, but not flemish.