Does my rabbit have matting? Plz help!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BB03

Reaction score
I am concerned that my rabbit might have matting on her feet and I have no idea what to do... I was thinking that maybe this is just normal for rabbits to have, but I searched everywhere and found nothing!! I got her last year and still have a lot to learn, and would really appreciate it if you guys could help me. I have a picture and it’s not the greatest, she doesn’t like staying still and love to run everywhere.A986486E-5E3F-45E8-8662-AA9FB0530EAF.jpeg

It doesn't look like a mat. Maybe it is her foot padding? Is it hard, or like a ball of fluff?
Btw-Welcome to the forum! 😁 I love your dutch's markings!

It doesn’t feel hard it just feels rough, but she really won’t let me fully touch her feet.

I think it is just the foot padding, no need to worry. If it was a fur mat it may be harder for the rabbit to walk and it would look like the rabbit has an extra toe.

I think it is just the foot padding, no need to worry. If it was a fur mat it may be harder for the rabbit to walk and it would look like the rabbit has an extra toe.
I took a closer picture of her feet, so they look normal? Also sorry the quality of the photos.

Attachments

• 355F985E-4F56-4687-BB08-CAD7001AFBE8.jpeg
    355F985E-4F56-4687-BB08-CAD7001AFBE8.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 1382EC18-4CA9-43FD-8104-7ED88CBD12C9.jpeg
    1382EC18-4CA9-43FD-8104-7ED88CBD12C9.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 7
Make sure you introduce yourself in the "Introduction" forum. We would love to see pictures of your bunny!

Sometimes when my bunny has a lot of mattes on the bottom of her feet, if she won't let me touch it it could mean they hurt. I will put her in a very secure position, close her eyes and use scissors to cut some of it, it really makes a difference. BUT BE VERY CAREFUL. If you're rabbit isn't a calm one, I wouldn't recommend.

Sometimes when my bunny has a lot of mattes on the bottom of her feet, if she won't let me touch it it could mean they hurt. I will put her in a very secure position, close her eyes and use scissors to cut some of it, it really makes a difference. BUT BE VERY CAREFUL. If you're rabbit isn't a calm one, I wouldn't recommend.
Does it look like its matted? I touched her feet and I felt nothing hard the fur was just rough. Shes the type of rabbit that doesn't like be held, and can't stay still at all so that's why I have a tough time touching her feet because shes constantly moving. Also, if she was in pain wouldn't she not be running??? Also do you have a picture of what matted feet look like and could possibly post it?? I looked everywhere and couldn't find one :(

Latest posts

Back