Does my bunny have bloat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanillaMarshmellUwU

Reaction score
2/3 days ago, I noticed that my bunny's belly went big and round I was worried at first so I touched it's belly to feel whats wrong, her belly was hard and I think its swollen, I started researching and I thought it's bloat
I checked it's signs but my bunny seems to not show any of it, she seems happy and relaxed she seems to have a big appetite. I gave her kremil-s because I thought it can help her I also tried searching for gas drops but there's none, I live in a poor province that's why I can't feed her hay because nobody sells hay in this province, I tried buying online but because of this pandemic... My order was delayed so I just give her some pellets, kangkong, and carrots.

What should I do? ,

You can add grass (hay is just dried grass) to her diet, any kind including bamboo. She needs the fibers for a good digestion. Introduce slowly over a week, starting with finger sized amount twice a day, twice that the next and so on.
Also weeds, leaves and twigs from a lot of trees and bushes, like willow, are fine - I don't know what grows in your region, so read up before you feed it. Pretty much anything that is fed to lifestock should be fine. Also, introduce slowly, starting with one leaf.
Hay is more convinient to feed and has other qualities, it never hurts to offer it anyway when you get some.

With your current diet she'll get fat quickly, which isn't a good thing for rabbits.

Right now stop giving her random medicine, she doesn't suffer from over acidy!

Also, give her opportunities to exercise, encourage her to move, make her hop around a little more. That helps a lot to keep the guts working.
You can also try to give her a gentle belly massage.

Last edited:
Thank you. But none of those are in my province, I live in the Philippines and in here we grow corn, banana, sugarcane, and etc.

Last edited:
Corn leaves would be fine too. But be sure it's not treated with pesticides, unfortunatly most corn gets sprayed a lot nowadays.

There is no grass, weeds, scrubs growing in unused spots, yards, slopes, along roads and paths etc.? I thought the phillipines are rather green. Well, not in a city, of course.

Anyway, right now making your bunny move more can help.

Corn leaves would be fine too. But be sure it's not treated with pesticides, unfortunatly most corn gets sprayed a lot nowadays.

There is no grass, weeds, scrubs growing in unused spots, yards, slopes, along roads and paths etc.? I thought the phillipines are rather green. Well, not in a city, of course.

Okay. Thank you for the advice.

Thank you. I'll try it and I hope she will get better. Thank you so much

I also tried searching for gas drops but there's none

It's the stuff for babys, try looking for colic reliefe drops. The active ingredient should be Simethicone, ask in a pharmacy. Ask at that facebook group Diane R. mentioned.

As long as your rabbit eats, drinks and poops normal I dond't think there is an immediate Problem, but I would start to work on getting more fiber in his diet.

It's kinda wierd that a big part of the world sits at home and has the same problem...

It's the stuff for babys, try looking for colic reliefe drops. The active ingredient should be Simethicone, ask in a pharmacy. Ask at that facebook group Diane R. mentioned.

As long as your rabbit eats, drinks and poops normal I dond't think there is an immediate Problem, but I would start to work on getting more fiber in his diet.

It's kinda wierd that a big part of the world sits at home and has the same problem...
We did try searching for baby gas drops, we even visited every drug store that's open but there's really none. I will try planting wheatgrass if I can find the seeds but at the mean time, I'll feed her corn leaves just as you recommend it.

We did try searching for baby gas drops, we even visited every drug store that's open but there's really none. I will try planting wheatgrass if I can find the seeds but at the mean time, I'll feed her corn leaves just as you recommend it. And I forgot to mention that her poop is getting small. And it's getting weird because when I take out the pellets to feed her, she gets crazy and eat lots of pellets in the box instead of the ones in her bowl, but I try my best keeping the pellets away from her and I only give her small amount of pellets

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back