Does healthy rabbits drool?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Guys haru was sleeping, and when she got up, there was a little bit of drool on the floor where her mouth was. Does healthy rabbits drool? she looks okay, eating, drinking, playing, her poop looks okay too. after that i touched her mouth to check, but it was dry, I’m not sure what that was, but the floor was clean before she slept. Also she’s jumping around and destroying stuff, but she’s been resting more than before.

I would think they must but then I read bunnies dont produce saliva! How do they chew their food and when one licks you it does not feel dry so Im not sure about it all.

Yes, I could see a very relaxed bun possibly drool a little in their sleep. So no biggie. It's when they are drooling while active or eating that it could be a potential health issue like dental problems.

Yes, I could see a very relaxed bun possibly drool a little in their sleep. So no biggie. It's when they are drooling while active or eating that it could be a potential health issue like dental problems.
If she has dental problems she wouldn’t eat or chew on stuff right?

Latest posts

Back