Does cisapride need to be refrigerated?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnyluvr

Reaction score
Betsy is on cisapride long term. We had received it from our local vet & a different vet that is treating her for het health problems. Neither of the vets told us to refrigerate it. We now get it delivered in the mail from Wedgewood Pharmacy and the bottle says to refrigerate after opening. It is the same thing with her meloxicam. Thanks!

Mine did. Did u see my post on Cisapride a week or so ago. Not saying it will happen to you, but just something to be aware of.

I must say that I used Cisapride regular on another of my 1.5yr old rabbit WITHOUT any adverse affects (or is it effects) BUT.....my post back at the end of Jan20 deals with what happened to my just over 2 and a quarter year old doe who didn't take well to it.
So am NOT dishing the medication. Am not a vet or expert by any means. Just advising caution and if u r using it under the guidance of your vet that is GREAT. Especially a rabbit savvy vet. They r they experts. My doe may have had an underlying cardiac issue or compounding factors we weren't aware of.
But I certainly, will be wary of using the product myself ever again.
Just because of my experience with it.

Hope it does what it is meant to.
G.I. statis is a horrible thing in itself and silent killer we all dread.

P.s- I have and use Meloxicam. Don't refrigerate that.

But I would go by what the bottle/pharmacist says...
.not the vet.

Thank you for your reply. I just read your post from January and I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious bun.
The vet told us Betsy's situation is unique. She has what looks like adhesions around her colon from when she was spayed. It is not very common. The only other time the vet has seen this was when a necropsy was performed:(. Betsy has had multiple GI stasis happen in the year since we rescued her and the vet believes it was due to her discomfort. Since being on the meds, she has been doing really good. Her eating and pooping is great! The only thing we notice is that she doesn't zoom around the house like she used to. We've been taking her for check ups every couple of weeks so the vet can monitor her.
I'm hoping and praying that she can have a happy and healthy life ahead because she's only about 2 1/2 years old. And hopefully her unique case will be able to help other buns one day!

Latest posts

Back