Does anyone want to guess what breed my rabbit is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gelliebean

Reaction score
I found her as a feral. Didn't know any better and took her home. She is absolutely one of the many loves of my life (also a mom to three dogs). Not that it matters, but I have been trying to search for her breed with no luck. '

She doesn't look like anything... very strange proportions. Her last vet visit was two weeks ago and she came in at 1.43kg (about 3.1 pounds) but her ears... they're huge! I swear she has not grown in the last two months (she is estimated 6-7 months) except for her ears. The first two photos are very recent. The last of her on the white bath mat is from a few months ago. And as you can see, the only thing that has gotten larger are her ears.

Very confident and brave temperament. Was not scared of any of my dogs when she was first brought in and now thinks she owns them. Loves to jump on top of them and hitch a ride. She's also psycho, bunny 500s and binkies six hours out of the day, including while I'm sleeping. Despite that, she's very cuddly and will sleep with me and all of the dogs in my (our) bed.

Momo's body.jpgMomo on her bed with her stuffie.jpgMomo with her ears.jpg

Just a mix. No way to really know what as she doesn't show any particular breed attributes that I can see. Because of the bigger ears, she could have a longer eared breed in that mix.

She sounds like a really cute and fun bun :)

Man, she looks a lot like my boy Foxwell, with the shiny black fur, long ears, and a relatively pointed face. He was also picked up as stray, although in the Vancouver area. He's a bit bigger, but also a lot older than your bunny and I've been perhaps a little overindulgent as far as food.

Same general personality too, tons of energy and zero healthy respect for natural predators! I have guessed him to be some kind of Satin mix, mostly because I've seen a lot of rabbits who look similar to him being sold on Craigslist in the area listed as Satin mixes. I'm betting someone bought him from those folks and then dumped him when he started to get rowdy. I'm so glad he wandered into my life!

Your bunny is adorable and sounds like a total character!

Attachments

• IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1099.jpg
    IMG_1099.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 2
Man, she looks a lot like my boy Foxwell, with the shiny black fur, long ears, and a relatively pointed face. He was also picked up as stray, although in the Vancouver area. He's a bit bigger, but also a lot older than your bunny and I've been perhaps a little overindulgent as far as food.

Same general personality too, tons of energy and zero healthy respect for natural predators! I have guessed him to be some kind of Satin mix, mostly because I've seen a lot of rabbits who look similar to him being sold on Craigslist in the area listed as Satin mixes. I'm betting someone bought him from those folks and then dumped him when he started to get rowdy. I'm so glad he wandered into my life!

Your bunny is adorable and sounds like a total character!
He is adorable! In the flop he totally looks like my bun flopped over. Her favourite place to flop and sleep is right beside the space heater. I always have to make sure she's not burning herself because she's right against it for hours on end.

Latest posts

Back