Does anyone know anything about nursing baby mice?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Augustus&HazelGrace

Reaction score
I was cleaning out the tarp of my hutch (where all of the poop has been sitting all winter) Yes, I know this sounds bad but it was too cold for me to take it off and hose it off. And I just got a new tarp to replace it. There was this mouse that was hanging around my rabbits and I was going to go in and get the bb gun, to shoot it because I didn't want it getting my rabbits sick. But for some reason, I decided not to. I pulled the tarp off and dumped all of the poop on the concrete pad and I started shoveling it and throwing it into the woods when I realized there were two squirmy things on the ground, I believe they are baby mice. I found two, but I looked around and couldn't find any more. But I am now feeding them raw goat's milk, they are still pink. I couldn't find anything that resembled a nest and I didn't want to leave them in the hutch. I have them in a shoe box with a heating pad on low on half of the box. I do plan on releasing them when they are weaned. My main thing is my parents don't know that I have them and they would kill me if they found out. But I need to know as much as I can about babies so I can give them the best possible care.

Latest posts

Back