Does anyone know anything about Ferrets?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vickie

I tried to reply to this all off yesterday but my computer frozewhenever I started to write it (It's freezing all the timeatm,but it was really picking onthis postyesterday, my computer has been driving me nuts recently :X)

I was sorry to hear that Fudge could go completely blind but I hopethat he won't notice it too much. I was amazed when I learned years agohow in so many animals whiskers are more important than eyes to huntand get around in the dark.

I read on one of your other postsaboutthe loss ofyour dog, I'm so so sorry for that, I know how utterly dreadful thatlast vet visit can be. I really felt for you.

Love and hugs

Kate

Sorry I had to bump this up to say thanks toeveryone who has given me support and encouragement. Do you know that Iam a member of a ferret board to but it is nothing like this one?Everyone of you has given me advice and things and they didn't hardlyreply at all. It seems whatever our problems, we are thereforeach other to advice and support in whatever way wecan.

m.e that link - thanks so much for looking for information for me!

You are all so wonderful and I love you all!

Vickie

I found out from watching Animal Park on BBC1yesterday that ferrets are domestic animals. I didn't evenknow that before! I thought they were wild like weasels, etcand people just kept them as pets! You learn something newevery day eh?!

How is Fudge doing? Is Scamps behaving around him?

Ang xx

You know Ang I haven't even noticed a differencein behaviour at all since his eye went cloudy.He has alwaysbeen the mild, mellow one, it was Scamp that was the rascal. He isstill jumping all over him and Fudge just sticks up for himself asusual. The only thing I'm worried about is Scamp jumping Fudge andscaring him, but as I have been told their eyesight isn't all that goodanyhoos and I'm sure they can tell each others sent. Fudge would giveScamp a good telling though ifhe wenta bit OTT.

The sad thing is however, I wanted to get Fudge used to Alyssa handlinghim as he was the laid back one and didn't playlike Scamp,but it looks like I wont be doing that for a long while as I wouldn'twanthim not to know her,who he couldn't see toscare him and him possibly nip her. She really wants to hold him, but Ithink I will leave her just handling Snowy at the moment. Better tell(or is that warn)Chubby that Alyssa will wanttohold her all the time.

Vickie

What a little babe our Alyssa is. She'sso full of love and wanting to share her love. Justlikeher mom, she's an extraordinary Young Lady.

-Carolyn

Aww I love holding Snowy in that position. Itmakes him feel really secure, he will wriggle and panic, but as soon asI have put him like that he will relax, then I just stroke his head anddown his ears.

I am so looking forward to holding Chubby that way!!

Vickie

Hee hee! Not long now until youcan! :D She looks so much like Henry when he waslittle, I love her to bits! Her favourite spot at the momentis on top of the tv stand in the rabbit room, she jumps up from somepillows beside it and investigates round it then peaks out frombehind! She has such a big tail too... practically aferret... ;)(LOL that was just to stay on topic)

Ang xx

Latest posts

Back