does anyone know any where to find good info on the silver martin breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brimmhere

Reaction score
i had one brought into rescue today what adoll! hes 6 months needs neutered lol reason forgiving him up is because he was changing but id like to read up more on the breed.

Welcome :)

There aren't a whole lot of Silver Martin websites out there, it took me a good 10 minutes to find any good ones, I think some one should make one :D

~Amy

my bunny Luv looks like the blue silver martin. i even showed her the picture.

Cristy

heres a picture of the little guy that just came in she said mini rex but im positive he is silver marten number one i have a mini rex and this guy does not have the mini rex fur and his hair is much longer!

brimmhere wrote:
heres a picture of the little guy that just came in she said mini rex but im positive he is silver marten number one i have a mini rex and this guy does not have the mini rex fur and his hair is much longer!

brimmhere wrote:

I'm certain he's not a Silver Marten (They are a larger, commercial type rabbit weighing an average of 7 or more pounds). We have some very nice ones in our area. They never have a tan colored triangle on their neck. The color is black otter, which occurs in many breeds. How big is your rabbit? It may be a dwarf mix.

Silver Marten club website http://www.silvermarten.com/

Pam

I've got one (doing the little girl dance while sayin this):p and he is only nice to me. hehe I was told by the breeder I got him from the he was a girl. (this is the 3rd time this breeder has been wrong. wont listen to him no more)

pamnock wrote:
brimmhere wrote:

I'm certain he's not a Silver Marten (They are a larger, commercial type rabbit weighing an average of 7 or more pounds). We have some very nice ones in our area. They never have a tan colored triangle on their neck. The color is black otter, which occurs in many breeds. How big is your rabbit? It may be a dwarf mix.

Silver Marten club website http://www.silvermarten.com/

Pam
really !! thank you for the info i really did think he was silver marten.

Bumping because of "Alphonz and Erica" - the 2 silver martens that I won this past weekend. Anyone have any good pictures showing the proper body structure? Anyone else have any?

The Silver Martens have a commercial body type. The should feel full and smooth and be well rounded as well as having a fly-back coat that lies close to the body.

Photos:

http://www.exotictropicals.com/encyclo/critters/rabbits/smarten.php

RBT_0001436_20020823105123.jpg

Below are rabbits owned by Tex Thomas a top Marten breeder.

ksobob.jpg

ksobosb.jpg

Pam

Latest posts

Back