Does anyone else's rabbit(s) like to open doors?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 1 year old bunny, Oreo LOVES to open doors that are not entirely closed, by scratching & leaning on them. Sometimes she scratches the door so I could let her in. She is the only bunny that does this and is very smart.

Does anyone else's rabbit do things like this? Part of it is irritating because I would prefer them out of the bathroom and my bedroom; but it is pretty cute, as well

Bugs has done this since he was about 4 months old. I would let him run around in the hallway while I cleaned because my old bedroom was pretty crammed. He began to put two and two together and realized that the door was the only thing keeping him out of that hallway. He would spend hours digging and chewing the carpet in front of the door. When I switched to a different bedroom he stopped doing it for a while until I began letting him into the living room. I have to be careful to not let him out because he makes a run for it as soon as my door opens.

My bunny Lilja, always scratches the doors even though they are close and some doors she will manage to scratch open. So my bedroom door and the office door have nasty scratches from her claws.

I like more Odin when he opens door, as long it’s a small crack he will try to stuff his head in between and open the door that way look really funny [emoji23]

My bunny Lilja, always scratches the doors even though they are close and some doors she will manage to scratch open. So my bedroom door and the office door have nasty scratches from her claws.

I like more Odin when he opens door, as long it’s a small crack he will try to stuff his head in between and open the door that way look really funny [emoji23]
OMG, too funny and cute...especially what Odin does.

Is it not amazing how bunnies figure these things out-- or try to?

Our first bunny, Commander Bun-bun would jump against the office door as the latch needed adjusting, knock it open and lay on the air conditioning vent--thankfully, she never bothered the wire. Ted, our big lop would open cupboard doors and take up residence. He also pulled open drawers and jump in which would close them--it was always fun trying to find him. Our avatar Nikki would move boxes and pans so she could lay on the tile behind the toilet--she was really a strange one.

You guys have some smart rabbits! Harvey has not figured out doors at all. A couple times she’s hopped into her room, started playing behind the door, and accidentally closed herself in her room. When I walk by, I see her peering through the glass looking confused: “ why did you close me up?? It’s not night time?? “
Silly rabbit has no idea that she is closing herself in.

Our first bunny, Commander Bun-bun would jump against the office door as the latch needed adjusting, knock it open and lay on the air conditioning vent--thankfully, she never bothered the wire. Ted, our big lop would open cupboard doors and take up residence. He also pulled open drawers and jump in which would close them--it was always fun trying to find him. Our avatar Nikki would move boxes and pans so she could lay on the tile behind the toilet--she was really a strange one.
Wow! What kind of bunnies are those? And I thought mine were unusual, haha.

Oh my, Commander Bun-Bun was clearly the boss.

Latest posts

Back