Does a falloff mean a guaranteed pregnancy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizzyMayHarvey

Reaction score
Today I took my Flemish Giant girl in to 'visit' with a buck at a petting zoo/farm that I volunteer at that has a rabbit breeding program.
I don't think my girl's fat as her dewlap is just skin (a lot of it..) and I can feel all her (rounded) bones but she is... um... squishy. Anyway, we put the bunnies together and they circled each other and did the deed. She was well behaved for him and he grunted and fell off five times. He also mounted her multiple times after but didn't falloff so we thought he was done? We were planning on leaving them together for the day but it didn't seem necessary and they were both tired but would have gone on forever so we took my girl home. So if there is a falloff is the doe pretty much 100% pregnant? Cause she isn't the skinniest thing after all those falloffs could she not be preggies? Or is a falloff not guaranteed pregnancy?
Thanks!

Also for the past week she has been sitting still for me so I can pick her up and put her in and out of her cage but last night and this morning she didn't want me to pick her up. She normally wants me to grab her so she can be let out in her run area through the day but today she kept hopping away when I went to scoop her up. Other then this she has been her normal super friendly cuddly self. Could she be getting grumpy already on day one? Or could she be upset with me from the 20 min car ride there? She sat on my lap through the car ride and wasn't too stressed out and she is still eating, drinking and acting completely normal. I am just dying to know if she is pregnant and hoping her not wanting me to pick her up is cause she is. I would love it if someone could tell me what they think of this!☺️

Lizzy.

Five fall offs is most definatly a garanteed pregnancy my does sometimes only need two! Yes they get moody watch out!

Yay! I am expecting her to get very moody as she gets grumpy if it don't pat her enough or if I try to feed her a treat when she wants something else so she will probably go savage on me. XD Is it normal for her to not want me to pick her up this early though? How am I gonna pick her up later on in the pregnancy?!?! lol.

Latest posts

Back