Does a 5 m/o rabbit need pellets everyday?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hendrix

Reaction score
I'm freaking out because I accidentally got Hendrix's bag of pellets all wet and I had to throw them out. There's no pet stores around me that carry rabbit supplies - only cat and dog. I placed an order on Chewy for new pellets but it says it should take 1-3 days to come. If I'm feeding him unlimited hay for the next 3 days (if it takes that long to arrive) is that okay? Or is this really bad for his digestive system?

That should be just fine... maybe even good for him to get some extra roughage... Keep feeding everything else normal and be sure to keep the hay and water unlimited. It isn't bad at all, especially for a few days :)

That should be just fine... maybe even good for him to get some extra roughage... Keep feeding everything else normal and be sure to keep the hay and water unlimited. It isn't bad at all, especially for a few days :)
Thank you so much for helping me put my mind at ease!

Leaving something out isn't bad, it's new stuff that can cause problems. I would start with smaller amounts of the pellets and ramp up to his normal dose over a few days. Once you got them, just in case.

They don't really need pellets anyway, at least rather small breeds under 5lbs can get everything they need from a diverse diet of hay and greens. Pellets are just a convinient way to make sure pet rabbits really get everything, and it's fun to feed them something they go crazy for ;). Rabbits evolved on a pretty meager diet.

Latest posts

Back