Doe Nesting on day 20?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I mated my doe on the 21st February. 6 successful fall offs, though both buck and doe are first timers.

She has gained around 200g+ so far since being mated, gotton very aggressive- especially if I touch her stomach. Tried feeling her belly and her nipples seem larger and belly rounder but I am inexperienced in palpating so didn’t explore further. Today I found her nesting. She isn’t due for another 11 days but made a lovely nest and pulled a little bit of fur.

What is the likelihood she is pregnant and very prepared? Opposed to a false pregnancy. Do does gain so much weight with false pregnancy?

Note; She has became aggressive since (about) a week after mating, and steady weight gain- no change in diet/exercise, though she has been a bit less active.
Breed: Mini Lop (UK)

Thankyou :)

It’s not unusual for first timers to make an early nest. She may tear it up and make another one, or leave it. If she starts using it as a litter box I would take it out and try putting it back a week before she’s due.

I mated my doe on the 21st February. 6 successful fall offs, though both buck and doe are first timers.

She has gained around 200g+ so far since being mated, gotton very aggressive- especially if I touch her stomach. Tried feeling her belly and her nipples seem larger and belly rounder but I am inexperienced in palpating so didn’t explore further. Today I found her nesting. She isn’t due for another 11 days but made a lovely nest and pulled a little bit of fur.

What is the likelihood she is pregnant and very prepared? Opposed to a false pregnancy. Do does gain so much weight with false pregnancy?

Note; She has became aggressive since (about) a week after mating, and steady weight gain- no change in diet/exercise, though she has been a bit less active.
Breed: Mini Lop (UK)

Thankyou :)
My rabbit 4 months old just had a false pregnancy a couple weeks ago, she was very fat and much heavier and quite aggressive too, attacking and biting, pulling her fur she built a nest over two days was very busy with it but in a few days it was all gone and she's back to her size too. I am not experienced either, just was a bit worried about her I didn't believe she's pregnant because she only met the other rabbit (which we thought was a girl 3,5 months old) and she was very upset after that, started eating a lot more and then nesting and all.

Latest posts

Back