Quantcast

Doe Nesting on day 20?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Reaction score
I mated my doe on the 21st February. 6 successful fall offs, though both buck and doe are first timers.

She has gained around 200g+ so far since being mated, gotton very aggressive- especially if I touch her stomach. Tried feeling her belly and her nipples seem larger and belly rounder but I am inexperienced in palpating so didn’t explore further. Today I found her nesting. She isn’t due for another 11 days but made a lovely nest and pulled a little bit of fur.

What is the likelihood she is pregnant and very prepared? Opposed to a false pregnancy. Do does gain so much weight with false pregnancy?

Note; She has became aggressive since (about) a week after mating, and steady weight gain- no change in diet/exercise, though she has been a bit less active.
Breed: Mini Lop (UK)

Thankyou :)

majorv

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not unusual for first timers to make an early nest. She may tear it up and make another one, or leave it. If she starts using it as a litter box I would take it out and try putting it back a week before she’s due.

zuppa

Reaction score
I mated my doe on the 21st February. 6 successful fall offs, though both buck and doe are first timers.

She has gained around 200g+ so far since being mated, gotton very aggressive- especially if I touch her stomach. Tried feeling her belly and her nipples seem larger and belly rounder but I am inexperienced in palpating so didn’t explore further. Today I found her nesting. She isn’t due for another 11 days but made a lovely nest and pulled a little bit of fur.

What is the likelihood she is pregnant and very prepared? Opposed to a false pregnancy. Do does gain so much weight with false pregnancy?

Note; She has became aggressive since (about) a week after mating, and steady weight gain- no change in diet/exercise, though she has been a bit less active.
Breed: Mini Lop (UK)

Thankyou :)
My rabbit 4 months old just had a false pregnancy a couple weeks ago, she was very fat and much heavier and quite aggressive too, attacking and biting, pulling her fur she built a nest over two days was very busy with it but in a few days it was all gone and she's back to her size too. I am not experienced either, just was a bit worried about her I didn't believe she's pregnant because she only met the other rabbit (which we thought was a girl 3,5 months old) and she was very upset after that, started eating a lot more and then nesting and all.

Latest posts