Doe nesting early

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She JUST turned 4 last month. That’s why this would be her last litter. I think I am just going to retire her if she did not take this time. Reese’s is not proven. Is there any way I will be able to tell if he can’t produce? Everything down there looks good for him and he is very eager to breed.
Oh yes, it may be her time to retire and become a pet only 💕 Is one of the bucks you used in the passed still available? How old is Reece's?

Are you sure she has no internal fat build up, that goesn't really show? When there are excess cecotropes normally it's because the food is too rich. 4 years is still a good age, I retired 2 breeding does this year, 8 and 6, and just because I have more than enough offspring from the 2 young ones that need to be bred at least once a year.

I try to give mine a lot of exercise (outdoor time including digging tunnels), and a really lean diet before breeding them. Also, a lot of light for a week is said to help to get them in mood - which makes success more likely.

His lack of experience means he might have missed his target or if you're weather is too warm it can temporarily sterilize him

Are you sure she has no internal fat build up, that goesn't really show? When there are excess cecotropes normally it's because the food is too rich. 4 years is still a good age, I retired 2 breeding does this year, 8 and 6, and just because I have more than enough offspring from the 2 young ones that need to be bred at least once a year.

I try to give mine a lot of exercise (outdoor time including digging tunnels), and a really lean diet before breeding them. Also, a lot of light for a week is said to help to get them in mood - which makes success more likely.
I’m not sure about internal fat buildup her stomach feels pretty firm right now and she’s pretty lean with a lot of muscle.

Latest posts

Back