Doe is soiling the nestbox. What is up with this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bojay

Reaction score
The kits are two weeks old today so a few days ago I disinfected the nest box and hutch. I also moved the hutch to a different location, closer towindow with more air circulation (and more action)which may have upset the doe.

This morning the nest box was full of poop and urine. I cleaned it up and am monitoring the situation. I'm guessing the move and cleaning upset the doe? Could it be a sign of something else? I know it's normal to find a few pellets of poop in the nest box but this was excessive.

This doe is very used to being handled. She is the gentle stand friendliest. We handle her and her kits everyday.So far she has been a very good mom and hope I didn't mess that up.

Sometimes the does just decide that the nest box looks like a good potty place. If the babies are two weeks old, and all have eyes open and getting out to explore, you can take the nest box out if she continues to use it as a litter box.I took the nest box out at about two and a half weeks with my last litter as they never used it once they discovered that you could all squish behind the litter box...

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back