doe has lump near nipple and is producing milk

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poiema

Reaction score
hello :) my velveteen lop doe has a small lump near one of her nipples. i noticed it tonight and when i looked at it, the hair was a little matted right by the nipple. when i squeezed the lump, the nipple produced milk. there is a possibility that she is pregnant, but she would only be around 10 days pregnant, unless she was pregnant when i got her which i doubt (then she would be at least 32 days pregnant). if she is 10 days pregnant, should she be producing milk?? could this be a false pregnancy? what should i do?

The vet will need to take a look. Mammary cancer presents with these signs, but may just be an infected gland.

the lump feels like a fatty cyst, kind of. and, she is only 6 months old. could she still have mammary cancer that young?

The greater the age, the higher the incidence of cancer,however young rabbits can also have mammary cancer. There are many types of tumors/growths, so a vet would need to take a sample to give you an accurate diagnosis.

Latest posts

Back