Doe eye problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadeem

Reaction score
Hi
My doe is having a pink around only one eye
See in picture
Anyone know what can be done
Thanks

Here the picture

Attachments

• 20200203_133033.jpg
    20200203_133033.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 9
2nd pic

Attachments

• 20200203_133111.jpg
    20200203_133111.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200203_133111.jpg
    20200203_133111.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 8
Apollo is kind of going through this same thing. We went to the vet three weeks ago and she gave antibiotics eye drops for him to use three times a day for seven days. That worked until now but still figuring out what to do next. But it should work for you. I think Apollo has something else. Just do the usual stuff. Make sure she’s eating like normal, pooping, drinking water. She might start to lose the fur around that eye too but it shouldn’t bother her too much

I've had rabbits with eye infections before and was able to clear it up with Terramycin antibiotic eye ointment which is over the counter-- but your rabbit's eye looks a bit worse than mine so I think you should go to the vet.

Apollo is kind of going through this same thing. We went to the vet three weeks ago and she gave antibiotics eye drops for him to use three times a day for seven days. That worked until now but still figuring out what to do next. But it should work for you. I think Apollo has something else. Just do the usual stuff. Make sure she’s eating like normal, pooping, drinking water. She might start to lose the fur around that eye too but it shouldn’t bother her too much
Hi thanks for the information i might get the eye drop and antibiotic if you have the name.as im very busy with work but will try my best this weekend to bring her to a vet

Hi thanks for the information i might get the eye drop and antibiotic if you have the name.as im very busy with work but will try my best this weekend to bring her to a vet

It’s called isathal eye drops. Maybe you could call your vet to see if they think it’s a good idea. You could maybe email them with pictures of her eye. They could tell you to how much to do a day

Latest posts

Back