Doe aggressive after first session of breeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milodumbo

Reaction score
Last night the doe and buck had a successful session where the buck fell off once. I waited 12 hours and tried to do the next session. To my surprise the doe started being aggressive and attacking the buck. What is wrong and what can I do? Thank you!

Doe to the buck, it was all good last night and everything went smoothly

I know once the doe becomes pregnant, that it can then make them aggressive towards a buck and any further attempts at mating. It's one way that some breeders use to help determine if a doe did in fact become pregnant(done with caution so no potential injuries occur).

Or your doe is just fed up with your buck bothering her. Females can be moody sometimes :p

Your doe could have not been "feelin' it", or she perhaps knew she had already conceived. I normally keep the buck and doe together until I have received 3 good fall offs before separating them for the first time. I would not risk the chance of putting this pair together in case she attacks more, do you have a different buck you could try? If not, I recommend waiting it out and just hoping she "took" during the first breeding session.

Agree, on first mating we tried to get three successful fall offs with the buck. If we tried against the next day and the doe had turned aggressive then we stopped trying because she was most likely pregnant.

Ok So I have a very specific situation that I need some advice on, I hope this is a relevant thread to be asking. So I got two Holland lops back in August, the breeder told me they were both girls - sisters. Well I noticed nest making behaviour a few weeks ago and upon inspecting my grey lop closely I definitely found testicles. Once I realised, I separated them but I was sure she was already pregnant. So a prepped the cage and found babies a few days later.
Well turns out we love having the kits, and would like to do it again. So I found a different female/not related to my boy. We brought her home this week and she's only 3 months old, so I know I need to wait another 4 to 5 months before breeding her. Well I'm curious if after a few litters I could fix them both and bond them?
What are the tips or possibilities on bonding two bunnies who have mated? When introducing them, I put my new doe Honey in her cage and my boy Thumper was so excited! He circled her cage kept sticking his nose through the bars. They're in cages right next to each other while I work on building their shed and run in the backyard.
I honestly think if they were both fixed I might have almost an instant bond because they love grooming each other through their cages - it's the sweetest thing.
Anyway this was long I know so if you made it this far, thanks! Any help is appreciated!

IMG_20210315_142337_966.jpgIMG_20210302_204009_183.jpg20210313_180810.jpg20210313_180600.jpg

Ok So I have a very specific situation that I need some advice on, I hope this is a relevant thread to be asking. So I got two Holland lops back in August, the breeder told me they were both girls - sisters. Well I noticed nest making behaviour a few weeks ago and upon inspecting my grey lop closely I definitely found testicles. Once I realised, I separated them but I was sure she was already pregnant. So a prepped the cage and found babies a few days later.
Well turns out we love having the kits, and would like to do it again. So I found a different female/not related to my boy. We brought her home this week and she's only 3 months old, so I know I need to wait another 4 to 5 months before breeding her. Well I'm curious if after a few litters I could fix them both and bond them?
What are the tips or possibilities on bonding two bunnies who have mated? When introducing them, I put my new doe Honey in her cage and my boy Thumper was so excited! He circled her cage kept sticking his nose through the bars. They're in cages right next to each other while I work on building their shed and run in the backyard.
I honestly think if they were both fixed I might have almost an instant bond because they love grooming each other through their cages - it's the sweetest thing.
Anyway this was long I know so if you made it this far, thanks! Any help is appreciated!

It would be best to create your own thread so more people will see this. Otherwise it may get ignored since the original question has already been adequately answered.

Latest posts

Back