Do YOUR Buns Do this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kricket

Reaction score
Do your buns put their toys in their fooddishes? They will throw their keys into their veggiedish. Put their slinky in their hay dish. Theythrow their bark bites into their pellet bowl. Why?Are they sharing their food with their toys??

OH I take it youdidnt know about them poor starving toysin the toy box ?

I have one who will only use a crock for water ,and he feels thathis toys need a drink , I guess they getall shrivelly , and dehydratedand he needs to plump them back up ? :disgust:

Mr. Z will do that. He does itsometimes when I am playing with them with him. He willeither put them in the food dish or toss them on the other side of thepen out of my reach.

Ed

:) Cute. Cookie throws his toys out ofhis cage. Just chucks them right out the door.Thought that means he didn't want them, but then he would chin them todeath.

hee. Who knows what the bunnies are thinking - but I'm sure it all makes perfect sense if we knew the reason.

my bunnies don't care for any of their toys.:dunno:

They prefer running around outside their cages and playing. (Little Munchkins)

Nicole

Kricket wrote:
Do your buns put their toys in their food dishes?They will throw their keys into their veggie dish. Put theirslinky in their hay dish. They throw their bark bites intotheir pellet bowl. Why? Are they sharing their foodwith their toys??

Mine take their keys and put it in their litter boxes!

Mine like to take their lil sauce cups and dragthem along the bars like a prisoner with their metal cup...its prettyfunny AND noisy!!!

Corky throws things all over, he loves his plastic keys...and he likesto rip his hayrack off the wall and remodel things. Oreoloves her toy I made and likes to sit and ring the bell 1/2 thenite. Homer and Misty have a wooden ball they like to chewand throw to each other. Bandit isn't a huge player...and Keely waitstil she's out of the cage and likes to throw things around...and eatthe toy basket.....:shock:

Back when BunBun was eating junk food, I used togive him those Kaytee Honey sticks with all the seeds and stuff onthem. Well, after he was done devouring it, he would placethecleaned plastic stick in his pellet bowl. I always tookthat as a sign that he was helping cleaning up :p!

-k

I always come home to toys in their food bowls!...occasionally I find them in the litterbox too ....i guess they getbored in there .. like some ppl take in magazines or newspapers :p

Miffy does not care for toys, unless it is paperof some sort and then she just eats it! I have bought her alittle wooden barbell type thing with a dried apple around it, she atethe apple and the barbell gets picked by me when I clean thecage. Oh, wait, she will through her bowl to catch waterdrops all over the cage. (She uses a water bottle)

Mocha likes to do that. She did itmore when she lived alone and was more bored. She would puther toys in both her food and water bowl, then take them back out, andrepeat. I had to put a ball in her water bowl to keep thetoys out, as she was splashing water everywhere, not to mention whatwet cardboard tubes with hay look like.

Hooray for bunnies playing basketball!

Mine do exactly the opposite. Scottputs all their toys in their food dishes when he cleans their cages andthey pull them out and toss them around.
:jumpforjoy:

naturestee wrote:
not to mention what wet cardboard tubes with hay look like.
The first time I saw a soaked piece of carboard tube, I washorrified. I couldn't figure out what it was atfirst. I thought it might be vomit, then remembered thatrabbits can't throw up, so I thought it might be diarrhea, and didn'tfigure it out until I tried to clean it up. It didn't evenremotely look like cardboard.

Laura

FreddysMom wrote:
I always come home to toys in their food bowls!...occasionally I find them in the litterbox too ....i guess they getbored in there .. like some ppl take in magazines or newspapers :p

:DAHAHAHAHA!!!

Kricket wrote:
Do your buns put their toys in their food dishes?They will throw their keys into their veggie dish. Put theirslinky in their hay dish. They throw their bark bites intotheir pellet bowl. Why? Are they sharing their foodwith their toys??
LOL OMG! Hahaha! YES YES YES!In fact, Pristine has just started doing this as well. Ibelieve it's their way of saying that they want morefood/hay/treats. Silly bunnies. They're all thesame. :laugh:

Kricket wrote:
Yes!!! lol. They never really play with theirbought small toys (they play with their new tunnel and cuddel-E-cup),just pipes, boxes, towels, etc but they'll put all theirsmalltoys in their food dish at night, i had to take them out in the morningwhen i give them breakfast! Silly bunnies!

It never ceases to amaze me what bunnies do, Bindy has an olddark blue curtain on the top floor of her condo which we tuck into abox, Bindy drags it out and wraps her self up in it and rolls around ,she also has toys to toss around (which quite often she does in themiddle of the night) and as for her WoodyPet she looooves to dig in itflick it everywhere.

Latest posts

Back