Do your bonded rabbits share litter boxes/food bowls?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bville

Reaction score
I am hoping to re-bond my boys after they are neutered and am wondering if they might be able to share a litter box or if they will get territorial and want their own. I have the same question with food and water dishes. Before they started fighting they shared, but the fight seemed to be over the food and litter box territory so I'm not sure they'll ever want to share again even if they can get along in the same cage. Just to save space I'd like to have one litter box. I know every rabbit is different, but I'd like to know if other bonded pairs share. :bunnyhug:

Eating is really a bonding process for most buns. My two share a food bowl but actually eat most of their pellets from my hands or out of a treat dispenser ball or scattered in other areas to make things more exciting. They also share one huge litterbox.

Mine have two food bowls but both eat from them and don´t fight. They do only have one veggie bowl though and share. They also only have one litter tray inside their enclosure and have another outside as well.

Latest posts

Back