Do you hold/pick up your buns??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do your bunnies like to be held?

• Yes

• Sometimes

• Can sort of be held, but not actually be carried around.

• No

• My buns would NEVER let me hold them!!!!!!!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
No. Simple as that. lol. I wish I got them when they were babies, so I could have tried to hold them from the start. They let me hold them when I take them to the vet. I get scratched a bit, but not too much. They try to get away at first, but once they calm down and I have a good grip, everything is fine. I don't like to try and force them, so I've just stopped trying to hold them unless I have to. Stitch loves his petting though, which is good enough for me.

Last edited:
I often hold two at a time, or a bun in one arm, something else in the other, so all 5 are used to being held under their front legs then balanced on my hip (that's what ladies' hips are for right? :D ). The babies are still learning a bit though...

Oliver is still young so I'm working with him. I can only hold/carry him a certain way or he starts flipping out!

Yup I can hold and carry them both anywhere.

Agnes doesn't care at all. I sometimes wonder if she actually does like it (but no bun "likes" it, right? lol)

Archie tolerates it. I've had to work with him since I adopted him but he's fine with it now.

Miss Hoppy was held by me from the day we got her, and was perfectly happy with that, as long as her feet were resting on something.

I was intentional about it, knowing some bunnies do not like it, but she was fine with it, especially as when we first got her, that was the only way she got out of her cage, was by human hands until we had the place bunny-proofed. My husband never held her very often, though, did plenty of petting, but didn't usually hold her. So the few times he did, she would stiffen up, and once "played dead" so convincingly, he thought he'd actually somehow killed her, set her down on the floor, and she sprang to life and hopped right back into the forbidden room he was trying to get her out of in the first place! ;)

Latest posts

Back