Do you ever get the feeling that all the stray animals know where you live?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpuckett

Reaction score
Since I moved in November, I have been found by stray cats twice, the second time being tonight with a small kitten. My apartment is strictly no pets, but I did get them to write in my three rabbits as acceptable (before my unspayed girl got preggers and had a bunch of babies). So now as I wait for homes for my babies, I am definitely over limit on animals, and as I come in from a ten hour shift, a tiny malnourished kitten runs up to me. He is a sweetie. Someone put out. I wish he was lost, but his sides are concave, so he has been lost a while. I will feed him, keep him warm tonight and then have to take him to the shelter, unless I can quickly find somewhere for him to go. He reeks and his rear end looks sore. He is nursing on the fluff of my jacket. And I am heartbroken, in love, for him, and disgusted with the poor example of a human that put him out. Blah. If I kept every animal that came for me, I would need a lot more land/space.

Though I am sad I can't keep them, I am overall glad that the animals know where to come when they need it, I suppose. Pictures to follow for anyone who is interested.

Maybe not everyone finds my home, lately it has just been multiple.

When I lived in Pa I managed to return on separate occasions three loose dogs. In each case the dogs got loose and the owners were caring. After that I have always kept a leash in my vehicle as you never know.

At our last home we had a cat show up and not leave. After she had two litters we found homes for we realized we had to do something as she just was not returning home so we had her spayed. When we moved we brought her with us. We also had two dogs show up that we found the owners for.

Here we have returned one loose dog to it's owner as well as two goats. One of our two cats passed away and a few months later hubby brought home a cat. Turned out she was pregnant and we haven't found homes for two of her 5 kittens. We just got the male neutered as they look like they will be staying.

Neighbor had two buns kept in not so good conditions. He wanted them gone and asked if we wanted them otherwise he would be setting them loose so now we have those two.

Welcome to the club! I was bringing home a shelter rescue from the vet once upon a time and when I pulled in the driveway there was another bunny in our front yard. So, it was back to the vet. We we're adopted by three stray kittens so it was neuter and snip snip. Life is strange sometimes.

I live in an HDB house (multistory, no main gate or anything) on the fourth floor. I often play with strays on my way home or on the way out.
A particular one, who has never followed me home before, has started leaving "presents" at my door, and sleeps under the big mat that covers my bicycles when it rains.

Latest posts

Back