Do you ever feel like its never enough?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanutdabunny

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Lately, i've been feeling like my rabbit's care is so bad, and that he doesn't have enough of anything. And watching 101 Rabbit's newest video + Lennon the bunny's newest video definitely didn't help. I'm gonna tell you what I have gotten for my rabbit and you tell me if I'm doing good. 2 oxbow medium mats, 3 10in by 10in seagrass mats with toys on it from fuz bun boutique, a balsa fling, 2 stacking cup sets, a tunnel, a hammock, a dig box, a cat-shaped hide house, a 5 pack of pee pads, a target cat hide house, an assortment of toys like willow balls and foraging toys from timbervalley rabbits on Etsy, an assortment of toys from floppy buntique on Etsy, Ikea bed sheets from bunnies with aloha, a snuggle bun from bunnies with aloha, a bed from Etsy, a small pet select play table, Toki hut castle, toki hut foraging mat. I know this seems like a lot, and I feel terrible saying that this feels like nothing, but it's always eating at me that I'm not a good bunny parent. Maybe it's the fact that I can't 100% freeroam him. maybe it's the fact that I fear he will just suddenly die, (my last bunny died during a spay, so maybe that caused a fear) If you guys could maybe tell me if you ever feel the same way. I just get this pit in my stomach feeling like I'm not doing enough. I know a lot of people don't have the luxury of buying all the stuff that I have bought. I also know that some people may think that the things that I have bought are minimal. sorry for the rant, I know I'm privileged, good night
sincerely,
bunmom

Sounds like he has plenty! Instead of giving him everything at once, give him new toys every month and put away the old toys so he never gets bored of them. I understand that you want to spoil this bunny because you weren't able to spoil your last rabbit. There is nothing wrong with giving your rabbit tons of toys, but you should always be wise about how you spend your money. You never know when there could be an emergency and Peanut needs to be taken to the vet. A simple emergency vet appointment could easily be $500. I also have a bad habit of buying way too much stuff for Theo but I have realized that his favorite toys are cardboard boxes, old towels, and toilet paper rolls full of hay. After an emergency with Theo, I now am trying to save money in case of another emergency instead of buying him lots of toys.

You have a fabulous assortment of things! At the moment, i could only dream of having an assortment even half the size of yours! My boys cannot be fully free-roamed either, they have to make do with about 6-8hrs of out-time each. (They could always have more, but they gotta be able to be ''out'' equally.)
When it comes to toys, i cannot give anything cardboard-related to Lümi nor Storm. Our stores don't pack ANY toys for the bunnies-no grass mats, no hidey houses(at least ones they could fit in), no chewable-tossable balls/cups. No IKEA beds, shelves or anything even remotely close. There is absolutely no way I'm paying 30EUR for a toy box and then another 30EUR for shipping it here. Heck, our stores are so bad that if i wanted to have a proper puppy pen that our boys wouldn't maybe jump over, i would have to pay almost 100EUR Here's a link to that: Savic Dog Park metallaedik 61 X 107 cm Luckily dad and i share nifty brains so we are in the process of creating a pen from big fence panels, which are only 20-30EUR a piece.

The only toys they have is a natural tunnelway that goes under my bed, the carrier crate we keep open on the floor ( Storm's fave sleeping spot), apple sticks if dad goes to the cottage and brings some along, and a wooden treat roller. When they get fresh forage (been collecting some when i'm home during the weekend) i will scatter feed it instead of toys, since i cannot get my hands on any. Oh, i had once found a natural maize mat from Pepco and given it to the boys in turns. They absolutely wrecked it.

I know that it is a harmful thing to compare one's situation to another's, but from my point of view, your bun has everything! That is extremely close to how i visualize my buns' perfect enrichment to be! He is also unmistakably showered with love, and that's the most important of them all!

What you have sounds like a wonderful setup! I feel that every bunny parent worries at least a little about how their rabbits home is set up😊 Yea, watching Lennon the bunny can definitely make you feel like “I’m not doing enough”. But Lennon the bunny makes money and also gets LOTS of rabbit supplies sent to her by her YouTube watchers. I worry about how my bunny’s set up is too🙂 I feel he doesn’t have enough enrichment. He only has a small basket of real rabbit toys (from a store) and the rest is paper and cardboard he steals from me😅🤦‍♀️ I feel that he will never live the best life with me, but I’m always going to be here to try my hardest, just like you are☺️ But as long as your trying your best that is all that matters😊

Rabbits are awesome and although sometimes you can’t have the perfect set up as long as you show them you love them they don’t care.

Plus I’m positive there are rabbits with a lot worse homes than yours.

Latest posts

Back