Do we have a Critque Page?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basketbagley

Reaction score
This is Luna, she is 12 wks old Siamese Sable Lionhead. We have our 1st 2 shows for Luna and Us these next 2 weekends. I was hoping to get some critiques from you guys so I know what we could expect. We are still working on teaching her how to pose and I know its hard to tell exactly from pics, but I'd love to hear the comments anyways please!

005.jpg

004-1.jpg

008.jpg

012-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

It is hard to tell if he has a break in his main.
Ideally, the saddle, flanks, and rump of the animal should be clean of wool. Transition wool is allowed on the flanks and lower hips. Transition wool is defined as significantly shorter wool on the hips or face of the Lionhead rabbit. Transition wool is not to exceed 2 inches on the hips and 1 inch on the face.
Word for word from the Lionhead Working Standards. Here is the link
http://www.pridelandsrabbitry.com/MuellerStandardAllColors.htm
Ears are well rounded but might lack fur and may be a too long, it is hard to tell.

In any case ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! Love HER!!!!!

her break isn't totally clear yet. she is still shedding that out. she is in the ugly stage. these pics do make her ears look huge! but they are actually pretty small, will have to measure them.

She's still a baby, just turned JR so she has some developing to do. her shoulders at the moment are not as wide as her hips, but that comes with age.

it was hard to get her to sit still for better pics! lol

Must_Love_Pets wrote:
It is hard to tell if he has a break in his main.
Ideally, the saddle, flanks, and rump of the animal should be clean of wool. Transition wool is allowed on the flanks and lower hips. Transition wool is defined as significantly shorter wool on the hips or face of the Lionhead rabbit. Transition wool is not to exceed 2 inches on the hips and 1 inch on the face.
Word for word from the Lionhead Working Standards. Here is the link
http://www.pridelandsrabbitry.com/MuellerStandardAllColors.htm
Ears are well rounded but might lack fur and may be a too long, it is hard to tell.

In any case ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! Love HER!!!!!

Thanks! we love her bunches, she snuggles and gives kisses!! I have that standard printed out... but i'm so new to rabbits I can't make heads or tails of it when applying to a single rabbit really. I need a model in front of me!

I'm going to PA state college June 5th, and Marilyn Stevens is going to work with me and my daughter... so much to learn!

She looks so kissable. I love my Lionheads. I just bought my show Lionhead and YES, very hard to get pics. Active lil ones for sure.
This is Harvey my JR Buck
SIRE: Setzke's Tritan (Black, 5 LH Nationals 2010)
DAM: Pridelands Alameda (Black 2/13 Convention 2010, back up Presentation doe)
Harvey-1.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

I will be showing him in July in Watsonville. I am new at showing the Lionheads and still learning. I wil have to pay very close attention to the judges comments. It's all very exciting.

I am anxious to here how Luna does :biggrin:

Well those pics were taken when he was only 10 weeks old. I will have to take pictures of him when I get home so you can see what he looks like now. His main is very dense and has some incredible crimping.He comes from Champion lines. I paid a pretty dollar for him. LOL His Dam was a backup for presentation. I can't wait until they are a recognized breed with the ARB. Until then I will enjoy taking him to Open Shows. I will take pride in any recognition he gets. LOL He came from BC and durring his move he lost his condition so we are conditioning him and hopefully he will be by July. He to still has some of his baby fur.

You will have to let me know what the judges say about Luna this weekend. I am very excited for you. Luna is just soo flippin adorable.

omgosh at 10 weeks! I saw which lines he came from and speculated you paid well for him! He looks worth it. Especially if you are going to breed this handsome little man.

Luna I got from Terri at Slatehill Rabbitry, she is out of her 2 best rabbits.

I'm getting some bucks from Marilyn Stevens from Lionspark Rabbitry. She is a COD holder and some of her rabbits have helped Theresa Muellers. Will be getting a sable point buck that placed 4th at Nationals. So I'm really excited to see what kind of babies I'll be getting!... ok should say... that Lia and I will be getting...teehee:wink

I like her alot! love her ears! they should be short thick and round. Her break will shed out soon! i have some where it takes a little longer, then i have had some were by 9 weeks they have a nice break! She also has a nice head!!

iluvdutchrabbbits90 wrote:
I like her alot! love her ears! they should be short thick and round. Her break will shed out soon! i have some where it takes a little longer, then i have had some were by 9 weeks they have a nice break! She also has a nice head!!
Thank you! that is very encouraging! I'm so excited about tomorrow! i will probably have a hard time sleeping!

Anyone going to the West Friendship, MD show?

Awe, thank you. I hope so, I am very anxious.
OMGosh try to take pictures tomorrow. I take pics of Thor my Flemmie when he is showing. LOL I am such a goober.

Eeeeee I can't wait.

GO LUNA!!!!!!!!

:party0002::clapping::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

I hope I remember to take my camera!! its a youth show... and I'm not sure there will be any other Lionheads there! but I'm looking forward to the comments anyway! thanks for the well wishes!

Latest posts

Back