Do they ever Sleep?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a loaf?

P1030278.jpg

I consider this chicken mode, minus the one foot Kirby has out.

P1030158.jpg

Full chicken mode, feet all tucked in.

P1020981-1.jpg

Dwarf breeds seem to do the chicken like a muffin/chickie/snowball since they are so small. My full size Kirby looks like a chicken when he sits like that!

Yeah, the dwarves here look more like chickens. Tony looks like a loaf of bread and Muffin looks like a cross between the two when they do that. It's so adorable.

kirbyultra wrote:
Is this a loaf?

P1020981-1.jpg
Yep, that's what I call a loaf! I started calling Amelia that, because she's golden brown all over, and with all of her feet hidden, she looks like a perfect loaf of golden bread.

When I can see only the front feet sticking out a bit, I call it the Sphinx. One foot out is the Half-Sphinx; if my bunnies were real sphinxes, their riddles would not be very difficult. "What has four feet, two ears, and wants a banana right now?"

Nick's preferred pose is Frog Style. On his tummy, with back feet kicked straight out behind, front feet stretched out in front. I think this could also be called Superman. Amelia is also frequently Lamb Chop: front right side up, back legs kicked out to one side.

LOL!

AH hah, we got our terminology straight!

The chicken/loaf was above...

The Sphinx:
P1040805.jpg

Lambchop
P1040663.jpg

Lambchop on the barbie:
P1040568.jpg

The Frog on lily pad:
P1040659.jpg

Mr. Bun Bun falls asleep with his eyes closed and opened. You should see him when he's laying down, trying to stay up, but too sleepy. Just like a sleepy human at work - he struggles to hold his head up and keep his eyes open, but his head starts to dip down and his eyes begin to close. He eventually goes to sleep unless something grabs his attention.

BethM wrote:
kirbyultra wrote:
Is this a loaf?

P1020981-1.jpg
Yep, that's what I call a loaf! I started calling Amelia that, because she's golden brown all over, and with all of her feet hidden, she looks like a perfect loaf of golden bread.

When I can see only the front feet sticking out a bit, I call it the Sphinx. One foot out is the Half-Sphinx; if my bunnies were real sphinxes, their riddles would not be very difficult. "What has four feet, two ears, and wants a banana right now?"

Nick's preferred pose is Frog Style. On his tummy, with back feet kicked straight out behind, front feet stretched out in front. I think this could also be called Superman. Amelia is also frequently Lamb Chop: front right side up, back legs kicked out to one side.

LOL!
I have several names for that posistion and when stretched out.

Balled Up - "Puff"
Stretched Out - "Meat Loaf"

Balled Up - "Hamburger"
Stretched Out - "Hot Dog"

Balled Up - "Ice Cream Scoop"
Stretched Out - "Popsicle"

Thanks for the photo guide to bunny poses, Helen! It's perfect! (With fabulously cute bunnies, too.)

I never usually see my bunnies sleeping, but I had a rabbit when I was younger who would sleep in my lap, flopped over on his back.

Funny sleeping bunny videos:
this one on his back- [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN7ZSETZfYg[/ame]

this one hanging over a shelf- [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bWzcu_x-CM[/ame]

this one snores- [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBo8yc4_DzA[/ame]

Latest posts

Back