Do these testicles look normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonnyluvslife

Reaction score
Hello. My boyfriend's bunny sometimes get red and teary eyes and got me worried. He cannot afford to send the bunny to the vet. No matter how, the bunny's eye recovers itself from time to time. But i saw the bunny's testicles from my last visit.. I don't have much experiences with pets so could you guys take a look and see if this is something I need to be concerned?

By the way he is not neutered and he's about 6 years old.

bunny.jpg

The left one looks abit big & abnormal compared to the left. He really should take him to the vet to get him checked out. His recurring eye infection could be from a serious underlying problem eg: teeth or even cancer of the testes or infection? I'm not a complete expert with rabbit balls as I have my boys & rescue bunnies neutered. See if your boyfriend can do a payment arrangement with the vet to pay off the consult & anything else needed.

Last edited:
From the picture, his plums look normal to me, unless you are seeing something that isn't showing well in the picture. If there is abnormal swelling of one of them, then you should have a vet take a look at him. if you aren't sure, a better close up picture might help.

If at all possible, the runny eyes should really be checked by a vet.
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/weepy.pdf

Last edited:
They look normal to me as well from what I remember of my boys, sometimes they are not always exactly the same size on each side.

Rabbits are also able to hold their testicles inside of their body. This can happen with both or just one. The size of HIS right one in reference to the size of the bunny looks perfectly normal. HIS left one may be smaller or appear to be if it is inside of his body. They both appear normal to me and disagree he needs to see a vet for that reason alone. The red/watery eyes do worry me. Could he be allergic to anything in his enviornment or is he an outdoor bunny? If you ever see colored discharge (either yellow or green) then it is ideal to take him in because that could mean infection.

I agree that his testicals look fine. The eyes are a little concerning, the fact that they're going red makes me think that it could be an allergy to something in his environment.

His nails REALLY need to be trimmed. I can see that his back nail is out at an odd angle and it REALLY needs to be cut.
A video to help, if there is difficulty cutting his nails. Hope this helps!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5trC8YgfWV8[/ame]

Is this normal on my male bunny?

Attachments

• 1923D1E7-DBB8-4D3B-B75E-C75A81B1FB2B.png
    1923D1E7-DBB8-4D3B-B75E-C75A81B1FB2B.png
    211.8 KB · Views: 29
His nails REALLY need to be trimmed. I can see that his back nail is out at an odd angle and it REALLY needs to be cut.
A video to help, if there is difficulty cutting his nails. Hope this helps!

[ame]

Yes I agree his nail need to be trim.

Latest posts

Back