Do rabbits reabsorb litters?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaughterofFreya

Reaction score
Hello :)

I was wondering if rabbits are capable of absorbing litters in utero. My 8 month old Holland lop inadvertently spent a night with two intact males. (March 4th) She’s normally adverse to breeding anyhow and ripped a tuft of hair off of one of them. (That’s how aggressive she is to males!), but on day 13-14 I could have sworn I felt at least 2-3 grapes and got excited! I think i felt them move too and assumed she had gotten pregnant. Today, I carried her in my arms and rubbed her tummy superficially and very gently but she feels normal again. I felt kidney…I felt back muscle, but nothing like the grapes I found days earlier. :/ Does anyone have any idea what could have happened? I was planning on keeping all the cute little bunnies so I’m kind of disappointed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 😢

Even though it seems too early (Day 17), she starting pulling out loads of her fur this morning. Building a nest, hopefully?

Latest posts

Back