do rabbits get hiccups?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
I was just watching Rory, who is sitting in his cage looking relaxed. He suddenly started to twitch a little, it looked just like when a person has hiccups. There was no sound and he probably did it about 10 times. He didn't seem concerned and he stopped doing it when he started to wash his foot. What the heck was it? Do I need to be worried? Have any other bunnies done this before?

My Baxter! bun did this when I first got him and I thought (after the fact) is was due to the fact thatI had just introduced to him Raddish Tops.. He did the exact same thing, hiccupped a number of times and then stopped.. He hasn't done it again and I've given him raddish tops since and not seen the same behaviour so I think they might. I did massage his tummy thinking he might be going into GI Statis, but was not the case, but he didn't put up a fuss with the tummy massage - so not sure where hiccups in buns land as far as tummy upset.

That being said someone with "MORE" bun knowledge should post soon.. Again, my bun had no "residual effect" from this "episode" but just watch his/her poo and make sure all looks OK..

Latest posts

Back